Complaint Review: Nationwide Home Warranty

• Submitted: Mon, July 21, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 21, 2008

• Reported By:Racine Wisconsin
Nationwide Home Warranty
www.nationwidehomewarranty.com New York, New York U.S.A.

Nationwide Home Warranty Refuse to send out contractor rude horrible customer service New York New York

My washing machine recently broke and I called Nationwide Home Warranty to report a claim. It was a Saturday and I was told that my payment was never processed so I wasn't a customer. I looked up my bank accounts online and told the customer service rep, if that is what you could call them, that I was looking at my bank account and Nationwide Home Warranty had withdrawn $431.99 from my bank account on October 1st, 2007. They said that there was nothing they could do and I would have to call back on Monday to speak to billing.

I called back on Monday, and spoke to someone who told me that it was a billing error and they did withdraw the money from my bank account and they would send someone out that day to fix my washing machine. By Thursday I still hadn't received a call from a service tech. I called Nationwide and was given the run around again. I was pretty upset and was told that the would expedite my claim and someone would be out there that day. I told them that I don't feel I should have to pay the service fee for this claim since I didn't receive the service I paid for. Brian Cooper, the regional manager, got on the phone and immediately started attacking me. I told Mr. Cooper that I would pay the service fee and then I would sue him in small claims court. He called me a filthy animal and said that they don't work with animals so they would not be honoring my contract and would not refund my money. I was shocked. Never in my entire life have I had someone speak to me like this. I tried to reason with him and he hung up on me.

I tried calling back and spoke to a Kristen who was also extremely rude. I asked if I could speak to someone higher than Brian and was told that there was no one above Mr. Cooper, so I guess he runs the company as well. Finally, after my husband got wind of the horrific treatment I received he called back and was told that they would send a service tech out to repair the machine, but I would have to pay in cash. They said someone would be in contact with us within 24 hours. It is now five days later and I have received no phone calls from any service technicians. I would love to sue these guys! Stay away from this company!!

Molly
Racine, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2008 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Home-Warranty/New-York-New-York/Nationwide-Home-Warranty-Refuse-to-send-out-contractor-rude-horrible-customer-service-New-353579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Home Warranty