Complaint Review: Nationwide Home Warranty

• Submitted: Wed, December 10, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 10, 2008

• Reported By:North Muskegon Michigan
Nationwide Home Warranty
PO Box 341 NY, NY 10013 Nationwide U.S.A.

Nationwide Home Warranty Has not honored contract for washer repair.... still not fixed after two weeks New York New York

I filed a claim for a "covered" washing machine that became inoperable on November 22nd (Friday). After filing the claim, I received an email (on Saturday the 23rd) telling me who the contractor would be. I called them but since it was the weekend, I couldn't talk to them till Monday.

Called contractor on Monday saying I was notified that Nationwide had notified them of my washer problem. They said they never received anything so I called Nationwide. They then said they would send necessary paperwork.

Later that same day, I called the contractor and they said they had finally (probably six hours later) received the authorization for my "dryer" repair. Told them it was a washer, not a dryer and was told they would have to contact Nationwide for proper paperwork before scheduling a tech.

The next day, still no proper paperwork so I called Nationwide again. They finally sent it later in the morning and contractor was scheduled for the day before Thanksgiving. He came out, said it was a bad pump that would have to be ordered and would take till first of week after Thanksgiving. In the meantime, we had to go to the laundramat and spent $52 to get our laundry done.

Got a call the following Tuesday from contractor saying "good news, the pump is in...bad news is though that we just realized we no longer do business with Nationwide because they don't pay on their claims". Great!

Called Nationwide and they said they would send another contractor which I objected to since it had already taken too long. Told them to send a check and I would get it taken care of on my own. They said OK and would send me an email for an authorization form in order to process the check. Here it is, almost three weeks and several phone calls later and still no form or check and still a broken washer machine.

This company doesn't miss a beat when it comes time to take their monthly payment via ACH but really drags their feet when it comes to living up to their end of the contract.

AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Maxx
North Muskegon, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2008 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Home-Warranty/nationwide/Nationwide-Home-Warranty-Has-not-honored-contract-for-washer-repair-still-not-fixed-af-399816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Home Warranty