Complaint Review: Nationwide Insurance Company - Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company

• Submitted: Thu, August 27, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, August 28, 2009

• Reported By: Bullthistle — Charlotte North Carolina USA
Nationwide Insurance Company - Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
www.nationwide.com Internet, Ohio United States of America

Nationwide Insurance Company - Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company Overcharging customers for homeowners insurance Charlotte, North Carolina

* : Thank you Nastionwide for screwing me!

Last year when I received my homeowners insurance bill I noticed it went up 20% but didn't think to ask why, but this year when I received a letter that I had to sign and return by mail I noticed it went up another 30% so I called my agent, who said they'd get back to me but I probably shouldn't hang from a tree. The story went like this: we live in NC and homeowners along the shore are hit by hurricanes and the state ran out of "pool" monies so all homeowners were getting an across the board increase which would be capped at $65, I learned that when the governor signed the new law. The agency said Nationwide had been fighting the increase and I had hoped they would call me back so I could ask them if the governor said the increase was capped at $65 how come Nationwide is doubling the amount or $130. A 50% increase in two years is ridiculous. I wrote my state rep and she said she would forward the complaint to the insurance commissioner, but I've learned that they are in the pocket of the insurance companies, they could care less about consumers being ripped off, so I sent an e-mail to the governor's office and another to the insurance commissioner in case the new political ass is any better then the last. When Nationwide says they are on your side, don't beleive their B.S. They are on their side. I am shopping around for new insurance, but the only problem with that is all the inquiries that will hit my credit. Consumers are screwed both ways of Sunday!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2009 07:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Insurance-Company-Nationwide-Mutual-Insurance-Company/Internet-Ohio-/Nationwide-Insurance-Company-Nationwide-Mutual-Insurance-Company-Overcharging-customers-486301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Insurance Company - Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company

#1

Thank you Nastionwide for screwing me!

AUTHOR: Bullthistle - (U.S.A.)

I checked out another insurance company, in Rip Off Report as well, and received a quote that was more then 50% lower what Nationwide quoted me for my anniversary date. So much for Nationwide trying to double the premium of what the new bill signed stated would be the cap. I also knew not to go to Allstate because I tried their "quick quote" and it came back, "we don't insure that" so you have to call their toll free number and be abused by wannabe agenst who had the nerve to ask me what I was paying, and told him it was none of his business and hung up. Why would anyone tell a competitor what they were paying? Allstate assumes all consumers are idiots too.