Complaint Review: Nationwide Insurance Company

• Reported By:Springdale Vermont
Nationwide Insurance Company
Wilder, Vermont U.S.A.

Nationwide Innsurance Company Claims Sucks Wilder Vermont

On December 12,2007 My 2000 Jeep Cherokee went off the road in an ice storm. It was towed to My daughter's house since it was closest. Nationwides adjuster looked at the car when no one was around, had the car towed to the dealership and prompty went on vacation till after Christmas. Having heard nothing I contacted the dealership and asked them what was happening. I was informed that they could not get in touch with the adjuster and his estimate was missing many parts. After christmass I was able to leave enough messages to get someone from Nation wide to address this, however I still heard nothing on payments or anything. In the second week of January the dealership informed me the car was ready and what did I want to do about payment. After numerous phone calls to Nationwad, accompanied by some verbal abuse by a "supervisor", including him bitching out and hanging up on the girl in accounting at the dealership, I finally found out that the original adjuster, who first insisted he sent the check to me, "might have left the check in the car". What type of person leaves a check for $2600 in a car and then has it towed away without saying anything to the owner? In addition to this, there was one tire damaged in the accident so at my own expense I had to buy a second one so that could steer safely. Also there was much hidden damage, including a damaged track bar, bent drive shaft, and transmission shaft. In all I have had to have an additional $1000 in parts and repairs and at this point (March 30,2008) the car is still not drivable.

Jeff
Springdale, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2008 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Insurance-Company/Wilder-Vermont/Nationwide-Innsurance-Company-Claims-Sucks-Wilder-Vermont-322317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Insurance Company