Complaint Review: Nationwide Insurance

• Updated: Mon, February 14, 2011

• Reported By: redonaldsonjr — St Ann Missouri United States of America
Nationwide Insurance
1 Nationwide Plaza Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Nationwide Insurance Nate ,agent's name, Nationwide IS NOT on your side! Columbus, Ohio

On January 17th, 2011 I bought a new car.  My quote for auto insurance with my current carrier for the new car was in my opinion too expensive.  I received a mail advertisement for Nationwide and that is how my nightmare began.

On January 26th I called Nate at Nationwide, who was all too quick and friendly to give be a better priced quote.  I asked him to email me right before debiting my account for the first premium.  The next day, my account was debited and no email.  Two days after Nationwide debited my account (with routing and account number), Nate called, said the computers were down during my quote and he reneged on the quote.  He said it would be more expensive.  Although this didn't sit well with me, I asked him to email me a schedule of the new monthly payment plan for the remaining 5 months of the 6 month policy.  Again, no email.

That pretty much tore it.  I called and asked to cancel coverage and got coverage with a different carrier.  Although they claim they mailed the check for the first premium refund on February 4th, I haven't seen it in my mail box.  I am still out the first premium of $99.10.  Now I am going to have to file a claim with my bank to get the provisional credit while they investigate the matter.

Nationwide will lie and renege on its quotes and hold your money!  Don't trust them.  They are not on your side!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2011 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Insurance/Columbus-Ohio-43215/Nationwide-Insurance-Nate-agents-name-Nationwide-IS-NOT-on-your-side-Columbus-Ohio-695364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Insurance