• Report: #192183

• Submitted: Thu, May 18, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, May 18, 2006

• Reported By:Spring Texas
Nationwide Insurance
http://www.nationwide.com/ Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Nationwide Insurance ripoff dishonest idiots Nationwide

Nationwide Ins. has done a very poor job handling my case. I use Allstate for my insurance and they didn't help much either. My report is that I was hit in a parking-lot.

During this I had backed-up, stopped my car and was in the process of putting it in drive to pull away. It was at this time that I was hit from behind by a big truck. Immediately after, the guy in the truck moved his car.

He got out and said "I'm sorry, I didn't even see you there." This here is an admission of guilt in my book and a majority of businesses as well. He claimed fault, which in fact he was. I filed my claim with Nationwide and they state that I am partially the blame.

What gets me is that I was backed out first, my car was currently stopped and I was occupying that space. How could I be at fault for some idiot hitting a parked car.

The thing that really pisses me off is that he told Nationwide in his statement that he didn't see me and also that we were both backing up at the same time. The later is false because I was stopped.

This is an inconsistancy in his statement that Nationwide is buying. He didn't see me, but claims I was backing up.

My car was directly accross from his in the parking lot. He could have seen me in any off his three mirrors had be bothered to look. Yet I am partially at fault.

Nationwide told me they would only pay for half of the damage which is unacceptable. Their client is at fault lied about it on his statement and they believe him. Maybe a judge won't.

Matthew
Spring, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2006 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Insurance/Columbus-Ohio-43215/Nationwide-Insurance-ripoff-dishonest-idiots-Nationwide-192183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Insurance