unconscious

• Submitted: Thu, February 09, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, February 09, 2006

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Nationwide Insurance
1 Nationwide Plaza Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Nationwide Insurance - Sal Lopinto Insurance Agency Unjust Claims on record without proof Brooklyn New York

Approximately two years ago, the new brick pavers that we had just put in my backyard had shifted due to extreme rain and snow conditions. I called my Nationwide insurance agent and asked if my Homeowners policy covered this particular problem. However, my agent did't know if I was covered for that (could you imagine?), so she (Joann) gives me an 800 number to call. Guess what, it's the claims department, they'll definitely be able to answer the question.

They connect me to someone who COULD answer my question and he tells me INSTANTLY that my insurance policy doesn't cover that. Fine. That,s all I wanted to know, thanks for answering the question that my agent should have known the answer to. Later on down the road, I find out he's an adjuster. Anyway, I didn't file a claim because...HELLO, I'm not covered for that (makes sense,right?. Not only did I not file a claim, the adjuster in no way, shape or form pursued this as a claim. The conversation was over and done. No papers were signed, no one inspected my property, no one sent me money but yet, I'm listed with a claim to blemish my perfect record (could you imagine?). I found that out shopping for a more competent agent. I've been calling my agent since then and requesting this claim be removed from my record. They tell me it can't be done. I've called the main office for Nationwide in Ohio. They tell me it can't be done I've asked both offices to send me signed forms and all other information pertinent to my situation. They say it can't be done because it's confidential. HELLO? you're kidding,right? ...Joann, if you knew this would be considered a claim, why then didn't you call and ask the claims department yourself? (makes sense, right?).

In addition to this, when both my agent and the main office for Nationwide found out that I was looking elsewhere for a more ethical insurance company... Let's just say... STONEWALLING.

Bruno
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2006 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Insurance/Columbus-Ohio/Nationwide-Insurance-Sal-Lopinto-Insurance-Agency-Unjust-Claims-on-record-without-proo-175579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Insurance