Complaint Review: Nationwide Insurance

• Updated: Tue, April 30, 2013

• Reported By: jimbo — Grandville Michigan
Nationwide Insurance
Internet USA

Nationwide Insurance Nationwide paid me a claim of $800 on an $8,000 claim. Failed to provide me with policy and than claimed my car was not covered even though I had a copy of the paid check and binder. Than I had an  Internet

Nationwide failed to provide a policy.  Then when I had a claim they denied that I had coverage for a rental car and coverage for vandalizum.  I had paid for those coverages.  They paid a claim of $800  for a used engine when the car was totaled.  AFter 3 years I found out that they had reported a frauulent claim to the insurance commission stating they had never paid a claim and the car was not insured.  I filed a complaint with the States of South Carolina and Michigan Insurance commission where they backed there statemets that the car had no claim paid and was not insured and it was a fraudulet claim.  I sent a copy of the Binder which I finanlly received along with a cancelled $800 check from Nationwide and Nationwide wrote an apology lette admitting that the car was insured and they should not  have filed a fraudulent claim on my insurance record.  But they failed to replace my car or repay me for the double insurance premiums that were charged.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Insurance/internet/Nationwide-Insurance-Nationwide-paid-me-a-claim-of-800-on-an-8000-claim-Failed-to-prov-1047111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Insurance