- Report: #541239
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Nationwide Insurance
Nationwide InsuranceInternet United States of America
Nationwide Insurance Totaled car by their customer 2 months ago and still no money. Internet
*Author of original report: Totaled car by their customer 2 months ago and still no money
I never write these things maybe because English is my second language or maybe because Im easy to deal with but this time I will make exception.used to have nice highly modified 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. Car was bought new and after few months once I start paying my loan I start slowly modified my car. I spend 2 years and over $15000 on modification, labor and parts. It was my baby and I really love that car. Anyway one night while I was driving home from work my car got totaled. I was not in fault. Driver of the other vehicle just simply make a u-turn right in front of me while I was passing him driving aprox. 47/mph. I didnt have a time to even touch my brakes and I t-bone him in same speed. A result was devastating. My car was destroyed but I walk away with broken wrist and dislocated shoulder resulting tear in my cartilage. Driver of the other vehicle was charged with improper line change and on top of that he was arrested for driving while his license was revoked.
The nightmare begun
Next day I call Police department and let them to fax me report and start calling my insurance and also his insurance which was Nationwide. First impression was great they tried to get as much detail from me and I told them everything. I didnt forget mention how special my car was and how much time I spend. That same day I went to a hospital to get proper treatment because my wrist start swallow and my shoulder start hurts. Anyway next day there was already agent from Nationwide coming to my house to let me sign some paper he told me it will take only few minutes. I told him he needs to be at my house no late than 8am since I have some appointment line up. Than I start thinking what papers he wants me to sign and after I talk few my friends I call my lawyer to ask for advice. He told me to not sign anything. Next day that agent call me at 8:05 telling me he is late so I told him if he can just simply send me those papers so I can read them and show them to my lawyer. Right after I mention I have lawyer he turns from Mr. Nice Guy in to a complete jerk and he hang-up on me. From that point I know I have to be very careful what Im going to do.
- After 3 days They give me rental the lowest I can get so from nice $40k car I was suddenly in Chevy Aveo
- They send adjuster and after that they come up with first offer $22700 and if I want to keep my car I will have to pay $4000 salvage value. That was my mistake because I send them complete list of parts with pictures and how much I spend on them (Fair market value at that time was $23K-$24K for stock car). I told them its not the right price especially with all those parts but they told me they will not honor my parts. So I reject this offer.
- Two day later I receive letter since I reject their offer they will no longer provide rental and they will no longer pay for storage fee. I pick up rental on my name and after 3 days I bought another car for daily commute.
- I was told by my lawyer to wait. Adjuster who was handling my case her name was Ashley Freeze try to push this deal and she was using some scare tactics and typical BS
- I sent them my counter offer $2000 more than they offer me. I already swallow Im loosing $7000 just like that on my parts and I simply just dont want to pay them $4000 salvage value especially since there was my parts and labor they dont want to pay in first place
- Two weeks later she left the job or got transferred and new person replace her. It took another 2 weeks before new person replied and again with same offer. She was arguing on my counter offer. She was saying THEIR adjuster with 50 years of experiences appraised my car for this amount and thats it Well that adjuster when he first saw my car, and this is I know from peoples who works at the shop where my car was, he said I have no idea where to start than he ask question like Is this car come from factory with wing and HIDs? well of course it does it is STI so I dont know what experiences he has but I know more than he does about this specific car since I work on those for 3 years. Again she was arrogant and laughs at me or actually at my lawyer who step up for me. Her last name is McDonald.
- Another 3 weeks later my lawyer receive letter which clearly says. If I not respond to their offer they will assume I want to keep my car and they will give me that $18k like they said in first place. Well what kind of BS is that? How they can force me to accept offer I reject first time? Of course they cant but I dont like if somebody deal with me like that. They have no rights to do that. Again letter was sign by Ms. McDonald.
- So now after 2 months since their customer destroyed my car and hurt me. I already spend over $2500 out of my pocket for medical bills and only what Im getting is this.
Its frustrating and I dont like this I have a power and you dont kind of deal at all. Im asking how this could be allowed and Im surprised how they can still exist. Im the one whos got hurt, lost money but didnt do anything in first place and Im being punished and hurt left and right. I hope people will read this and I make sure post my experiences on many boards and review sites.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2009 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Insurance/internet/Nationwide-Insurance-Totaled-car-by-their-customer-2-months-ago-and-still-no-money-Inte-541239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.