Complaint Review: Nationwide Long Distance Service

• Updated: Tue, January 11, 2011

• Reported By: Jewlz Beads — Layton Utah United States of America
Nationwide Long Distance Service
Unknown Nationwide United States of America

Nationwide Long Distance Service NLDS Fraud, Disregard for Regulations and Harassment are This Company's Common Business Practice Unknown, Nationwide

I own a small business. For the last six months I have been harassed by solicitations from this company to switch my long distance service to them. They started calling on the average of once a month but in the last 2 months it has escalated to two to three times a week.

They begin by representing themselves as a representative of Qwest, my phone company, so my employees will put their call through to me. They then pretend they want to go over my account to make sure I have the best package. The first time I fell for it and it was a full 10 minutes into the call before I realized they were trying to get me to change away from Qwest (who doesn't charge me for long distance as it is).

I flipped out and told them off, telling them to put me on their 'do not call' list. That did no good. The next call I demanded to speak to their supervisor. They hung up on me.

A few days later I screamed at some poor woman who apologized profusely, swore she was only doing her job and promised again, she'd put my number on their 'do not call' list.

A few days after that, it was a guy that I launched on and hurled insults, criticisms and profane invectives <blush>, who hung up on me. I will admit that occasionally on a stressful day I sometimes enjoy b***hing them out until they hang up. But most times I cannot spare the interruption and disruption to my business.

For weeks now it's been a steady stream of harassment and abuse. I've begged my phone company to stop them; they say they can't. They call from restricted numbers - and yes I AM on the National Do Not Call Registry list - and they won't give names, address or phone numbers. They suggested I dial *57 after they hang up, for three consecutive calls and then maybe they can trace the call and maybe pursue harassment charges, but I know darn well NLDS won't call from the same number three times in a row. And Qwest charges me $1.00 each time I do the trace.

Today I forced myself to be somewhat civil in order to extract a name and a call back phone number from their obviously newbie telemarketer that called me this time. Roy, 1-800-853-7409.

I have filed a complaint with the National Do Not Call Registry.

This bogus long distance carrier is clearly thumbing their noses at government regulations and consumer complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2011 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Long-Distance-Service/nationwide/Nationwide-Long-Distance-Service-NLDS-Fraud-Disregard-for-Regulations-and-Harassment-are-681435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Long Distance Service