Complaint Review: Nationwide Long Distance Service

• Updated: Thu, June 26, 2008

• Reported By:Bangor Maine
Nationwide Long Distance Service
Nationwide U.S.A.

Nationwide Long Distance Service Said an error had occurred and needed to switch back Nationwide

I received a call from what I was told was a Verizon representative. She said that an error had occurred on my account and that we need to switch back to the business account. I was told that by law it needed to be fixed because we were a business and not residential customer. I was told this was needed to be cleaned up and the error had occurred to 15,000 other customers. So I went through this thinking I was talking to a representative of the phone company. Then I had to verify it and did :(

After doing so I called Verizon/Fairpoint to check and was told it was a scam. I did a quick search on the internet and found there had been others. Right now my blood is boiling......

I hope I can save someone else the aggrevation.

Wes
Bangor, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2008 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Long-Distance-Service/nationwide/Nationwide-Long-Distance-Service-Said-an-error-had-occurred-and-needed-to-switch-back-Nati-344614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Long Distance Service