Complaint Review: Nationwide Movers USA

• Submitted: Wed, October 24, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, March 16, 2014

• Reported By: Francisco Guadarrama — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Nationwide Movers USA
2850 south park road Internet United States of America

Nationwide Movers USA They charged me $2000 and they forgot half my things and they will not contact me back to return them. Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Nationwide Movers USA

Nationwide Movers USA's sales rep qouted me $900, but utimately ended up costing $2000.

The movers were supposed to pick up my belongings on the morning of Oct 15, but that morning I recieved a phone call from the company saying they could not pick up my belongings that Monday and that it would have to be picked up Tues.  Since they told me it would have to wait a whole day I went out of town to visit a friend one last time before leaving Florida, but three hours after they informed me that they could not pick up my things they called me back an informed me that now it had to be done in the next 2 hours. I had to rush back into town needlessly spending gas.

The original qoute was $900, but after they had packed everything up somehow it turned into $2000, and I really didn't have a choice because I needed to get back home. So I ended up writing a check for $1100 right then and there for over half.

Once I got down to Texas I repeatedly kept calling Nationwide Movers USA for 3 days trying to find out when my belongings would arrive, but no one seemed to know and no one could give a straight answer. They kept telling me either the manager or dispatch would call me back, but no one ever did. I left Del Rio Texas and drove to San Antonio to look for work. Since they had almost all of my clothes in their truck I had to buy new clothes for a job interview. As soon as I arrived in San Antonio I get a call from the driver informing me that I needed to pay the remainder of the balance in cash or they would turn around with my belongings. When they first picked up my things they said they would only take a check, so before leaving out of town to look for work I had left my brother a check just in case theky showed up while I was out of town. I called the company and they refused to accept a credit card and or a check even though they had insisted on check at first, and they threatened to keep my belongings. Having no choice since I needed my belongings, I had to rush to a Western Union to wire my brother some cash and it ended up costing me $86, on top of having to go wire the money at a $86 I also ended missing my job interview.

I returned home two days later only to find my large screen HD tv broken, along with my CD rack and all my clothes, bedroom items, one floor speaker and all my cook ware missing. I have been in contact with the company for the last three days, but the only available phone number is for their sales rep and they keep giving me the run around. They have told me a minimum of 8 times that the manager is going to call me in five minutes (which is just a programmed response), but he has not.

I don't know if they have my belongings or if and when they will drop them off, but I keep having to spend money on clothes and other items I had not budgeted for into my move because they will not return my belongings or return my call to let me know what is going on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2012 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Movers-USA/internet/Nationwide-Movers-USA-They-charged-me-2000-and-they-forgot-half-my-things-and-they-will-959535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Movers USA

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Nationwide Movers USA

AUTHOR: Marty at Nationwidemoversusa - ()

YES, it's true. we are thieves and have been moving people and stealing their stuff, wrecking their stuff. and we continue to get away with it. No one can stop us until of course someone puts our HOME addresses on line so people can actually find us at our HOME RESIDENCE.......................

The stories are true, The company are all lying thieves, mobsters and criminals. someone needs to put a stop to them.