Complaint Review: Nationwide Movers

• Submitted: Thu, October 19, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, October 19, 2006

• Reported By:Allendale Michigan
Nationwide Movers
6245 Powerline Rd Suite 202 Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Nationwide Movers, & Firemans Moving Co Beware! Nationwdie Moving uses broker compaines! Over promise, under deliver! Fort Lauderdale Florida

I went with Nationwide Movers because I thought they had good customer service. I got moving quotes from many moving companies and they were the only ones who followed up. Most of the qutoes were pretty much the same but they did e-mail and call me right away, so I desided to go with them. They even did a inventory on the phone with me TWICE! I was quoted around 12000 pounds. I thought it would be closed to 13000 so I put some extra money aside. So far so good huh? WRONG!

My family and I are moving from North Carolina to Michigan. My pick up was suppose to be Friday so we left for NC on Wednesday. I thought this would give us time to pack the rest of our things since we have been in Michigan for a few months and had most of our house packed but, not all of it. This way we had plenty of time to do some final packing and the boys could say good bye to their friends. On the drive there I recieved a phone call from Fireman's Moving company out of Cleveland Ohio. They said they could not be there untill Saurday.

I did have a two day window but really pushed for Friday pick up. I asked if there was any way they could be there Friday. He said he would call me back in less than an hour and let me know. When he did call back they said the best the could do was a Friday night inventory and they would return in the morning to finish packing. Well, Friday came and went with not even a phone call. I tried calling them with no answer.

Saturday morning we got up early thinking they would be there then. It was not until after 10:00 am that I got a call. They said they were on the way but could not be there until the afternoon! WHAT!! I couldn't believe it! I tried calling Nationwide and that is when I found out Nationwide and Firemans moving co. were seperate companies. To cut this short, they did not get there until 5:30 pm! In a 28 foot truck!! No way was everything going to fit. I had to be back in Michigan by Monday and it's a thirteen hour drive so now how am I suppose to clean the house? We had to hire a cleaning company.

I went round and round with both companies and they FINALLY agreed to take the fee for the cleaning off the bill. We had no choice but to leave them to pack the rest of the truck. The driver told me he would get everything on the truck. Well guess what? Five hours into our drive back they called and said they couldn't get it all on the truck! Plus it was my fault they quoted me only 12000 pounds.

The funny thing about that was, I left a bed, large dresser with mirror and a large chest of drawers that were on the list, there to friends. So they didn't even have to pack those items! The delivery to MI was suppose to be Monday. The got there Tuesday at 1:30 pm. I still have not heard from either company on how they are going to bring the rest of our stuff. I think I'll go back to NC and get it myself! What do you think?

Richard
Allendale, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2006 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Movers/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/Nationwide-Movers-Firemans-Moving-Co-Beware-Nationwdie-Moving-uses-broker-compaines-216720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Movers