Complaint Review: Nationwide Periodical Group

• Submitted: Thu, July 22, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 10, 2004

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Nationwide Periodical Group
Cumberland Blvd Marietta, Georgia U.S.A.

Nationwide Periodical Group telemarketing RIP-OFF! Supervisor Insults Customers during Employee Training. Hidden charges to customers. Marietta Georgia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: It's UNSANITARY!!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Forgot to add

I started the Nationwide Periodical Group on Monday 7/20/04. It is a telemarketing company that sells magazines to customers over the phone. Customers get 4 Free Magazines, A men's or women's quartz watch with a diamond in the 12:00 position, and 2 weekly or bi-weekly magazines. This is all charged at $3.97 a month. There are 500 mags to choose from.

However, customers are NOT informed of an addtional $38 - $66 being added on their bill. They are not aware of the supervisor named James whos says all customers are stupid, idiots, dumb, and liars! THis was taught to us at the TRAINING CLASS! He says that we telemarketers are the ring masters and the customers are the animals that jump through our hoops. So we must sit and listen to their them and regard every excuse for not buying the magazines as a lie!

I recieved 3 sales my first day and 3 today. Would have been 6 if I did not hang up on customers by mistake. But when the customer is nice enough to wait on the phone for over MINS, the supervisors who takes the transferred calls, are EXTREMELY SLOW and VERY RUDE! One in particular named Lisa who made nasty comments everytime I told her that I had a sale! When told her "Look, I have only been on the computer for 2 days, so how am I supposed to know." She went and told James something who LIED to me saying that my calls were under 40 secs, so the owner just shut my computer down and didn't want me there anymore! I KNOW he was lying because first computer was already on! Plus my time obn each call was over a minute except for the ones who were not home and there spouse was not there either! He even said in such case, it's ok to go on to the next call.

Lisa is known to sabotage people's sales as well. When a transferred call goes to her and say if you have 10 sales, she will LIE and say you only have 2 sales because they rest changed their minds! Most other employees knows she does this, but is stil allowed to work there anyway and keep a rude attitude with new and regular employees.

Don't fall for NPG scam!!! We are told NOT to tell about the additonal charge! If asked, pretend like you are "new"! Not a lie for me since I was only on the phone for 2 days! For every sale the company makes $860 and the pitiful little operator only gets $35 for TEN SALES for that week!

Sherry
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2004 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Periodical-Group/Marietta-Georgia/Nationwide-Periodical-Group-telemarketing-RIP-OFF-Supervisor-Insults-Customers-during-Emp-100080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Periodical Group

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

It's UNSANITARY!!

AUTHOR: Rebecca - (U.S.A.)

The typewriter keys are all covered in plasted with BLACK GUNK on them ALL!!! The break room is NEVER cleaned! Same STAINS from WEEKS backs! It should be shut down for health policy violations! If the company makes $860 when telemarkters make a sale then WHERE is the money going???

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Forgot to add

AUTHOR: Sherry - (U.S.A.)

that just be warned that this company does NOT use "National Periodical Group" but when "Awards Center". National Periodical Group is only mentioned if asked.