Complaint Review: Nationwide Pre-Foreclosure Services

• Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: Mcipri4 — Killingworth Connecticut
Nationwide Pre-Foreclosure Services
2500 City West Blvd, Suite 300 Houston, Texas USA

Nationwide Pre-Foreclosure Services Sunbelt Fidelity Corp Paid this companyup front over $300 to assist in foreclosure services however this is a fraudulent company. This company was in RI first, then moved to TX, and has since changed names. Was requested to make my last payment directly to an account with Bank of America vs online. This was when I figured it must be fraudulent. Houston Texas

*General Comment: another victim of this company

The company NationWide Pre-Foreclosure  Corporation is formerly known as Sunbelt Fidelity Corp. I found this company via a website while looking for assistance to modify my home loan after several failed attempts the bank I currently have my loan with.  Unbeknownst to me I did not realize that it is fraudulent to have to pay for services for assistance up front.  I paid out over $3500 to this company.  As the months went on, I also found that I would have to follow up several times and ask the same questions over and over.  It also appeared the admin person was also the loan processor however, ustilized two different names.  When I questioned this they told me that they sounded alike.  I became concerned when the company abruptly changed names.

I could not locate this new complany now NationWide Pre -Foreclosure at first online.  I requested the information several times and finally was provided an answer.  It became apparent in June when it was requested of me to go directly to Bank of America to make my next deposit that this company was not what it stated it was.

In fact, after research, I found that Janice Montoya was running other scams like this one and has changed the names of her complany several times.  This company did not assist me in modifying my mortgage.  They just took my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2013 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Pre-Foreclosure-Services/Houston-Texas-77042/Nationwide-Pre-Foreclosure-Services-Sunbelt-Fidelity-Corp-Paid-this-companyup-front-over-1080436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Pre-Foreclosure Services

#1 General Comment

another victim of this company

AUTHOR: patty - ()

I was also a victim of this company. I filed a complaint with the idaho attourney generals office who did repremand this company based on its dealings with me. I also found that KHOU 11 news out of Huston Texas did an investigation into this company and was threatened by Mrs. Mccarthy with law suits. I urge anyone who has been scamed by this company to contact Scot Noll at (((REDACTED)))

Additional Complaint Information

According to BBB records, Sunbelt Fidelity is a forensic audit and loan modification firm that requires homeowners to pay an upfront fee for its services.  Please note, advanced fee loan modification services are illegal in many states. Please consult with your state attorney general to see if such a law applies to your state and for more information about foreclosure rescue services.

BBB complaint records show Sunbelt Fidelity sales representatives initially contact distressed homeowners with the promise of saving their home from foreclosure. However, in order to start the foreclosure rescue process, homeowner’s are required to pay a large upfront fee of $1000 or more in addition to a monthly fee of several hundred dollars. BBB noted that in some cases, homeowners were under the impression Sunbelt had been appointed or authorized to contact them by their lender. Homeowners later learned, however, that this was not the case. Complainants who employed the services of Sunbelt have stated that Sunbelt was unable to stop or prevent the foreclosure of their homes. Additionally, requests for refunds from most homeowners were not honored by the company.

On October 15, 2012 the BBB opened an investigation into the business practices of Sunbelt Fidelity and its relationship to another loan modification firm by the name of East Coast Fidelity a/k/a Fidelity located in Providence, Rhode Island and in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Information obtained by the Houston BBB from other Bureaus and Sunbelt’s web host allowed the Houston BBB to determine the principal of Sunbelt Fidelity, Ms. Janice McCarthy, was also formerly a principal of East Coast Fidelity a/k/a Fidelity for both locations. Shortly after the BBB’s findings were made known, Sunbelt Fidelity contacted the BBB and argued there was no relationship between the firms. In good faith, BBB requested additional information from Sunbelt Fidelity that would substantiate the claim; however, the BBB has not received any such documentation from Sunbelt. BBB encourages consumers to review additional information contained in the public reports issued by the Rhode Island and Florida BBB’s by visiting the links listed at the bottom of this report.

**UPDATE** The BBB wants you to know that on July 16, 2013, BBB received a letter from Sunbelt Fidelity indicating it was no longer in business. Upon further investigation, BBB discovered contact information for Sunbelt Fidelity is now linked to Nationwide Pre-Forclosure Corporation.