Complaint Review: Nationwide Reader Service

• Updated: Wed, August 19, 2009

• Reported By: NunyaDangBizness — East Bay California USA
Nationwide Reader Service
3438 Walden Avenue Depew, New York United States of America

Nationwide Reader Service, Nationwide Services They love to scam, especially young soldiers on Army bases. Depew New York

* : Additional address information

I was scammed by Nationwide Services as a soldier in the US Army back in 1996. I fought with them for years over their skating-on-illegal contract, and in 2001 they decided to call my mother (who lives on the other side of the country), and told her that if she didn't call me to tell me that Nationwide Services wanted to talk to me (she wouldn't give them my info), that there would be a warrant put out for my arrest at 8:00 PM that night. In 20-20 hindsight, I realize NOW that that there was no way whatsoever that they could have had me arrested, and they have been absolutely NAILED legally, as well as scads of complaints all over the internet.

However, I was a young and stupid, and responded to their threats with tears, fear, and wiring over $600 to them to get them off my back. When I called again, telling them that they now had about 5 years of back issues that they'd better start sending, some shrill biddy told me "My lawyer says I don't hafta". Yes, she said "hafta". Please also be warned that if you call, they will call you back, asking who you are and why you're calling. The person who tried to clown me over the phone that way is no longer working, and is frankly lucky that he's still breathing. Oh yes, there was also a "man", I use that term loosely, named Andrew (Flumen?) who likes to put people on speakerphone when he's getting read the riot act, because he and the rest of the untrained monkeys in that office can't get their rocks off any other way, I guess.

In closing, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT EVER sign up with Nationwide Services, do NOT accept any kind of contract or magazine subscription from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2009 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Reader-Service/Depew-New-York-14043/Nationwide-Reader-Service-Nationwide-Services-They-love-to-scam-especially-young-soldier-481169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Reader Service

#1

Additional address information

AUTHOR: NunyaDangBizness - (USA)

They are also known as Nationwide Magazine Services AND Nationwide Services.

1560 Harlem Rd, Ste 6, Cheektowaga, NY 14206, Erie County