Complaint Review: Nationwide Reader Service

• Submitted: Fri, July 31, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 31, 2009

• Reported By:Kansas city Missouri
Nationwide Reader Service
3509 VA Beach Boulavard Virginia Beach South, Virginia U.S.A.

Nationwide Reader Service Tried to get ahold of Credit Card info Virginia Beach South Virginia

*Author of original report: Nationwide Reader Service is a telemarketing scam

At first, the call was handled by a very polite and nice salesman, who explained that I would somehow receive some free magazines, and something about some free diamond watch. Then he went a step further, asking me about my personal life and things, and talked to me as if I were an old friend. He then preceded to explain how I was going to pay $4.99.

I decided to play along a little further, and then spoke to the 'supervisor' whose name I was given, and he also gave me all of the company information as well. Then he decided to ask me for credit card information, and that's when i decided to do some research, as I pretended to write down the information he gave me. I then confronted him about the research I did, seeing as it was a scam. He tried to play it out smooth by giving me statistics of the company and how many people they do business with, until I hung up.

Spencer
Kansas city, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2009 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Reader-Service/Virginia-Beach-South-Virginia-23452/Nationwide-Reader-Service-Tried-to-get-ahold-of-Credit-Card-info-Virginia-Beach-South-Virg-475253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Reader Service

AUTHOR: Spencer - (U.S.A.)

After some more research on my own time I have found out that this company is otherwise known as IMA telemarketing. Every call they put out, the serial code is the same (c-208), so I'm thinking it's very much so a fraud. The salesperson will tell you there is a sweepstakes and that you have been entered, which will keep you entertained and daydreaming while they ask you personal questions and try to get you to buy their real product- magazines. If you hang up, and they do not have your credit information, you'll probably get a bill in the mail, do not pay the bill, do not contact them further, and DO NOT listen to them when they say you're obligated to pay them. A phone call does not mean you have to pay anything.

I have also gotten ahold of the phone number 490-9860 for whoever lives close enough to call them without needing an area code. Next time these guys call you, pretend to play along and try to record everything the salesperson says, then when they get to the credit card info, just hang up.