Complaint Review: Nationwide Reader Service

• Updated: Sat, May 07, 2011

• Reported By: stephfon2000 — Menifee California USA
Nationwide Reader Service
3509 Virginia Beach Blvd. Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

Nationwide Reader Service Jerry Williams, Customer Service Manager NRS, soliciting minors....my daughter! Virginia Beach, Virginia

I got a phone call this morning asking for my 16 year-old daughter.  The woman on the phone said she was calling from Nationwide Reader Service, and wanted to know if my daughter used a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card.  I explained she was a minor and wanted to know how she got my daughter's name.  She then preceeded to ask ME if I used any of the above mentioned cards.

I stressed the fact that I wanted to know how she got my daughter's name.  All she could tell me was that they got names from "major list brokers".  She could not tell me their names.

I asked to speak to her manager, with the hopes that maybe he/she could tell me who gave them my daughter's name.  I simply want to have my daughter's name removed from any of these soliciting lists.

She hung up on me.

I checked out this company on the BBB web site.  They have an awful reputation, and are not a member of the BBB.  From what I've read, they've ripped off a lot of people.  It outrages me that they are preying on minors.  If so many adults have been mislead by these stalkers, then how do they expect a minor to escape the devistating colapse of deceitful telemarketers?

If anyone reading this, i.e., lawyer, ex-employee, professional, or knowledgable consumer, knows how I can find out who they get their calling list from; and have my daughter's name removed from it, then please let me know!!  Thank you very much!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2011 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Reader-Service/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23452/Nationwide-Reader-Service-Jerry-Williams-Customer-Service-Manager-NRS-soliciting-minors-726809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Reader Service