Complaint Review: Nationwide Reader Service

• Phone: 8882346647
  • Web:
  • Category:

Nationwide Reader Service Scammed by a fake company? Virginia Beach, Virginia

I got a phone call from this company sometime in January.It was about 9 in the morning my time when I recieved the phone call on a Saturday morning,which meant I was still sleeping from a hectic week.

First,I was speaking to some girl saying I was entered in to win 25,000 dollars and a car or something along those lines,with no strings attached.Then she simply asked me some typical questions and said she would pass me to her boss,who would ask for my take on how she was doing.

I was transferred over to some guy that did start asking questions about her overall performance,but quickly changed the subject to how I was chosen to recieve a great deal on 4 magazines.He started asking me questions about my credit card number,and sadly and foolishly enough I gave him my information.

After all that was taken down,he started talking to me as if him and I were long time friends.He then said I was to just repeat everything he said about the magazines(which in the beginning he said were only going to cost $5.95 a week).He then asked me to state how much a month I would be paying(at some outrageous cost he said).

When I was getting numbers wrong and mixed up(it was 9 a.m,I couldn't function quite yet!)he begin to get impatient with me saying something along the lines of "No,that's not what I said".

I finally just repeated everything he told me to thinking I could get him to leave me alone and this was not anything that would be a bother to me.However,about a month later I recieved a letter from my bank saying I had been sent into the negative numbers due to a withdrawl.

When I called the company back to cancel,this lady was practically yelling at me saying I couldn't cancel the order because the had already sent my request in and I had to "honor" the commitment.(However,I was able to cancel 2 magazine subscriptions already myself,2 of them however I cannot find to be legitamite!)

Please,someone tell me I'm not alone on this and was not the only one that made the mistake of falling victim to a scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2010 11:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Reader-Service/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23452/Nationwide-Reader-Service-Scammed-by-a-fake-company-Virginia-Beach-Virginia-574092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Reader Service