• Report: #419868

• Submitted: Tue, February 03, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 04, 2009

• Reported By:Finger Tennessee
Nationwide Reader Service
3509 Virginia Beach Blvd Virginia Beach, Virginia U.S.A.

Nationwide Reader Service offered magazines for $68.28 (one time) and then they want $1297.32. Virginia Beach Virginia

*Author of original report: Nationwide Reader Service

I got a cell phone call from Nationwide Reader Service saying I could get 5 magazines for a one time deal of $68.28. They named the magazines and I told them I didn't read and my husband would read hunting magazines. They said they'd change them for me. They never said I would owe $68.28 for 19 months, or it was for 5 years. I got a paper in the mail saying I owed $68.28 for the first 19 months and the other 41 months I would pay nothing. Totaling to $1297.32.

I contacted them and I tried to talk to them. The man on the other end tried to tell me I had an obligation to pay it. If I didn't pay by my visa card they would send me bills. He kept being smart with me. I told him I agreed to the $68.28 and not the $1297.32. He just kept being smart and I told him I was going to cancel my card and he said they would get the money. He put me on hold for 5 minutes. So I hung up and called my card company and cancelled the card.

I thought the $68.28 was a little high but to get magazines for my husband to read. But NO magazines are with almost $1300. I can go to Wal-Mart for $3.99.

Peggy
Finger, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2009 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Reader-Service/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23452/Nationwide-Reader-Service-offered-magazines-for-6828-one-time-and-then-they-want-1297-419868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Reader Service

Nationwide Reader Service

AUTHOR: Peggy - (U.S.A.)

I took it a little further and went on line to the Better Business Bureau.
I don't think this company should get away with this. If we all stand together than we will be able to get this company for what they have done.