Complaint Review: Nationwide Reader Service

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

Nationwide Reader Service NRS unsolicited Nationwide

This weekend, I began receiving phone calls with the caller ID showing "Witheld" or "Unknown," dispite being on the National No-Call lists.

When I would answer them, many would immediately hang up, but some would ask for my disabled son by name. Most, when I said he wasn't available (intending to get more information about who was calling) would hang up.

Today, the caller asked for my son by name, and again I said he wasn't available. They identified themselves as NRS, and they were calling with a special offer for holders of major credit cards.

I stopped the caller, explained that we were having some very serious problems, and that I needed to speak to a supervisor. After 30 minutes, Brooke came on the line. I explained that my disabled minor son did not have access to the internet, and that I needed to know how they had gotten my number.

She said they get their numbers through a brokerage firm, but did not have the contact information for that firm so I could file complaints against them. I explained that this was a very dangerous situation for my son, and that I needed to track down the source of this information for his safety.

I asked for NRS's home office contact information, phone number, address, whatever she could give me.

She responded "I've placed this number on OUR no-call list, so you will not be receiving calls from us again."

I again asked for her supervisor, the main office number, or a mailing address. And she repeated: "I've placed this number on OUR no-call list, so you will not be receiving calls from us again."

And then she hung up on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2009 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Reader-Service/nationwide/Nationwide-Reader-Service-NRS-unsolicited-Nationwide-495765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Reader Service