Complaint Review: Nationwide Relocation Services

• Submitted: Thu, January 04, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, January 04, 2007

• Reported By:Baltimore Maryland
Nationwide Relocation Services
6245 Powerline Road Suite 202 Ft Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Nationwide Relocation Services Nationwide Relocation Moving Scam and Illegal practices Ripoff Ft Lauderdale Florida

Nationwide Reolcation and DTs Quick Move used missleading language and low ball quotes combined with slick sales to scam me. We had scheduled our move with Nationwide, in March, for a move that was not until June. They scared me into thinking that if I waited the price of the move would contiune to go up. We had the whole house packed up and I was in touch with Nationwide untilt he day before our move. We were schedule to move on June 24, 2006. We received a call the night before saying the driver would at out home between 9am and 12. Then a call at 2 saying they would be late, then another at 5 and one at 7 - DTs Quick Move arrived at our home at 8 pm wih a horse trailer sized trailer to move our 3 bedroom home 2000 miles. They worked until 4 am, waking our neigbors in the process. I had to sleep in the car with my 2 year old while my husband watched them. Of course we were then told we would get a call the next day regarding the weight - no on called. We were told our things would arrive in 4 days to Baltimore, 19 days laters our things arrived. Most everything was accounted for. When they arrived we noticed that DTs quick move did not have a licesnse for interstate transport and the lowest BBB rating possible. Despite the fact that Nationwide Claims they use "top moving companies in the nation". When we called DTs quick move direclty they told me, "You will get your stiuff when you get your stuff". And of course the total due was more than $1000.00 quoted. At that point we were so sick of sleeping on the floor, we paid up. Do Not Use them! I am an educated person who is shamed by not only my experience with this company but also referring them to my friends who had the exact same experience!

Michelle
Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2007 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-Relocation-Services/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/Nationwide-Relocation-Services-Nationwide-Relocation-Moving-Scam-and-Illegal-practices-Rip-228712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide Relocation Services