Complaint Review: Nationwide advertising

• Updated: Thu, October 29, 2009

• Reported By: SMBandmom — South Haven Michigan USA
Nationwide advertising
P.O. Box 2791 springfield, Illinois United States of America

Nationwide advertising Un authorized charges for a placemat that were sold to A & S Collection Associates, Inc. springfield, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like a scam

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like a scam

I received a  collection letter from A&S Collection Associates, Inc. for $104.95 in June of 2009.  Upon calling  them, they told me that it was for placemat advertising  for a local restaurant provided by Nationwide Advertising.  It took 2 months for A&S to get back to me with a faxed copy of the Nationwide invoice.  The name, and address were not even correct and there were no signatures on it.  Per my request neither A&S nor Nationwide will send me a placemat so I can see what I am being charged for.

I've been to the restaurant 3 times the last one today (10-29-09) and they have not had any advertisement placemats delivered.  The manager told me that there have been other businesses inquiring as well.  I think A&S and Nationwide are in this together.  A&S told me I need to have Nationwide withdraw the collection order and Nationwide told me that A&S Collections purchased the receivables for .50 on the dollar and I have to get A&S to drop it.   A&S told me that I could pay $200.00 to an attorney to pursue them or I could just pay the $104.95 so they would get off my case.  Seems like extortion to me.  Also, on the latest collection letter received today  threatening to report our business to Equifax they list a North Carolina permit number AND That that the collection agency is licensed by the Minnesota Dept. of Commerce.  I requested the Minnesota license number from A&S today and they wouldn't give it to me.  When I put their info into the Minnesota DofC website they don't come up.

What gives?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2009 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-advertising/springfield-Illinois-62708/Nationwide-advertising-Un-authorized-charges-for-a-placemat-that-were-sold-to-A-S-Colle-516890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide advertising

Sounds like a scam

AUTHOR: Nc - (U.S.A.)

Hi, There are 11 other complaints about this company. Have you read them? They all sound similar to yours. I would not pay them. It sounds like a scam to me.

Sounds like a scam