Complaint Review: Nationwide remanufacturing TX

• Submitted: Fri, September 07, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: Stuart — Shelbyville Indiana United States of America
Nationwide remanufacturing TX

Nationwide remanufacturing TX Ordered a paid for a transmission 3 weeks ago and my car is still in the shop, no transmission Internet

*UPDATE Employee: This customers transmission was delivered the following day.

*Consumer Comment: I had the same experience, only my transmissions never worked.

After searching on line for a credible rebuilt transmission, I found Nationwide Remanfacturing based in Austin Texas. August 13, 2012 I ordered and paid $1,340 this Co. For a rebuilt transmission, gave them the year, make, model and VIN number. Ben Jenkins stated, I would receive my order in ( 7 ) days. One week. Ben at Nationwide assured me the transmission would be leaving the very next day and a tracking number would be emailed to me. August 16, I received a tracking number and the next day, August 17, attempted to track the transmission. The shipping Co. Showed no such tracking number. I immediately contact the shipping company via phone, they informed me the there was no tracking number showing that nothing from Nationwide remanufacturing was in their system. I then called Ben Jenkins at NR. and he asked me to hold, while he made a call, two minutes later, Ben got back on phone with me and stated the transmission never left their warehouse. ??? I was assured that the transmission would leave their warehouse on August 20, ( one week has now passed ).

Ben at Nationwide assured me that my transmission would arrive no later than August 28, YOU GOT IT! It arrived and it was the wrong transmission for my car. I called Ben and he stated that he would reimburse me $25 a day, and promised me he would replace my order with the correct transmission and to expect it no later than September 5. It is now September 7, and I am still without the transmission, Ben promised me it would be here today.

I called Ben and received their answering machine, fancy that! Later that day I received an email from Nationwide stating the transmission would be here September 10, unbelievable, this has been going on now for over 3 weeks, my car is still sitting in the shop

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2012 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nationwide-remanufacturing-TX/internet/Nationwide-remanufacturing-TX-Ordered-a-paid-for-a-transmission-3-weeks-ago-and-my-car-is-938139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nationwide remanufacturing TX

This customers transmission was delivered the following day.

AUTHOR: James - (United States of America)

This customers transmission was delivered the following day. We apologize for the mix up in units to began with, our cross reference program is not great on 1990 model German cars, we do not make a habit out of paying for shipping twice on a single transmission order.

We also offered and did pay for this customer a rental car during the shipping of the second unit (the one that is referred to in this complaint).  This customer is very agreeable and is a nice person to work with, I wish him luck in the future on his possible car flipping based TV show.

I had the same experience, only my transmissions never worked.

AUTHOR: mike - (Virgin Islands (US))

I too experienced numerous delays combined with non working transmissions.  It was so bad, delayed deliveries, delayed pick ups of non working transmissions, yes two didn't work that my mechanic did not want to tie up a stall for a third try.  Unfortunately, I ended up having to have it rebuilt elsewhere.  My total time without a vehicle for my son was seven months and over $5,000.00 with three installs and eventually having to start over.