Complaint Review: Natural Living Foundation

• Updated: Fri, May 04, 2012

• Reported By: Lynne — Denver Colorado United States of America
Natural Living Foundation

Natural Living Foundation Body By God Deceptive Business Practices - Internet

I responded to an ad on Craigs List for part time sales.  I met at a Starbucks with the person who posted.  He discussed job duties, which would have required me to do something possibly illegal and something else that is unethical.

This is a network of chiropractors in the Denver area who have set up a marketing program to increase new clients.  They have agreements with some big organizations.  In addition to doing health fairs at companies, they also have arranged to be at various WalMarts and King Soopers (a Kroger grocery store chain).

I was to tell the prospects that in exchange for a $20 donation to The Children's Network, they will receive a free package of services valued at $225.  He said they selected Children's Network as their charity since WalMart also favors it.  Then he said that the $20 is mine, or would be split 50/50 with massage therapist who will be at some locations doing a free short massage.  He repeated several times that the $20 donation is the source of my commission.  When I showed surprise, he amended it and now said that the $20 donation will be matched by another $20, which will be the commission.  So that $20 has to come out of thin air, since they don't collect any other money.

He said that I would tell people that the chiropractors in his group can be trusted to be competent and not overcharge because they belong to a religious group.  He mentioned that they are part of a group called Body By God.  I was not familiar with it and he said that it will be a great selling point, since people who belong are more ethical than other chiropractors.

I asked what I would be saying.  He said there is a one page script - I asked him to please read it to me.  He briefly summarized, but did not give me exact wording.  At this point, he seemed defensive.

I told him he should have said in his ad that religion would be used as a sales tool and also that I might be defrauding people about an imaginary donation, and said I could not accept the position.

When I got home, I googled Body By God and got several hits:
(((link redacted)))

He didn't seem like a bad guy.  It was as if he felt that the end justified the means.  I love the chiropractor I've been seeing for years -she is great.  She's very religious, but has never tried to "recruit" me.  On a scale  of scams, this is very small.  But if I can save someone from getting involved without having all the facts, that will be my reward.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2012 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Natural-Living-Foundation/internet/Natural-Living-Foundation-Body-By-God-Deceptive-Business-Practices-Internet-878363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Natural Living Foundation