abroad

• Updated: Fri, May 15, 2009

• Reported By:Woodburn Oregon
Nature's Acia Berry
lifstylefit.com Internet U.S.A.

Nature's Acia Berry/lifstylefit.comNature's Acia Berry Next Time, KISS ME FIRST! India? Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution Offer

*Consumer Comment: My Issue

*Consumer Suggestion: But you DID authorize the shipments and the charges

*Consumer Comment: YOU DID NOT LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAPT

Nature's Best Acia is offering a "free" bottle of Acia tablets on line, so I rquested one be sent to me. When my credit card statement arrived, they'd charged me $79.96 for my "free for the trying" sample bottle. Then a second bottle - which I didn't authorize - showed up in the mail. They "just felt free" to charge me $85.91 for that one...And if that's not enough, they attached a "phantom" charge of $29.95! Just for the fun of it? I could not get a customer service rep or the supervisor at their 800 number, to tell me what the twenty-nine bucks was for...plus I had to flat-out pummel'em on the phone to get them to credit my card back that amount.

In short, these schmucks tried to stick me for a total of $195.82 for a "free" sample of one of their products. Sheesh! Next time, kiss me first!

Bj E
Woodburn, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2009 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Natures-Acia-Berry/internet/Natures-Acia-BerrylifstylefitcomNatures-Acia-Berry-Next-Time-KISS-ME-FIRST-India-In-435935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nature's Acia Berry

Resolution Offer

AUTHOR: Customer Service Administrator - (U.S.A.)

The 29.95 charge you have mentioned could be for a Fit Factory program - and our company represents some of the Fit Factory programs. This program will sometimes accompany dietary products that are ordered over the internet.

I apologize for any misunderstandings that might have occurred when you were purchasing your dietary supplements online. The information about the Fit factory is always listed on the order pages before you enter any method of payment.

If you believe the charge may be associated with our program, please contact Customer Service at: 1-866-407-1022 and you will find a representative that will be very happy to assist you.

Below I have posted the information that is provided on the order page for your viewing.

FitFactory
CS Phone Number: 1-866-407-1022
Trial: Bonus Program: 21 days
Cost: Bonus Program: $29.95
Website URL: http://www.fitfactory.com/
Start up username: assigned by FitFactory
Start up password: assigned by FitFactory
Verbiage: FitFactory is a great way to gain total overall wellness. FitFactory takes a holistic approach to weight loss and feels that all aspects of health should be addressed. There are Licensed Trainers to help customize your exercise routines, special diet plans for all types of individuals along with Licensed and Trained Dietitians to help answer questions and assist you in meal planning, etc. Emphasis is also placed on the mind with the belief that balance is the key to well-being.

If you've already contacted customer service and feel you were not treated fairly or would like to discuss additional issues please contact me directly at 435-773-1795 or you may email me at customerservice@cshelp.org and I will assist you immediately.

Sincerely,

Online Customer Service

My Issue

AUTHOR: Nicolecdw - (U.S.A.)

I was a consumer who ordered the "trial" of this product, called to cancel in the allotted amount of days after reading the fine print as well as the terms and conditions BEFORE ordering the trial and STILL ended up getting charged that wonderful $29.95 on my account. I'm heated about it and they will be getting a call momentarily. What do you have to say to that? I did as the terms and conditions said I should do to maintain the "free" part of the trial and I still got shafted.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

But you DID authorize the shipments and the charges

AUTHOR: Dee - (U.S.A.)

You signed up for a TRIAL... When you sign up for those trials you must read the Terms & Conditions that you are agreeing to. The terms state that if you do not call within a certain timeframe to cancel your membership, you agree to pay monthly fees.

Nex time, make sure you know what you are agreeing to before providing your credit card info as they are not requried to refund you any money. If you do not call to cancel, you will be billed every month for the subscription you signed up for.

YOU DID NOT LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAPT

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

THERE ARE ALREADY OVER 840 POSTINGS HERE ON ROR ABOUT THIS SCAM

not only is the whole thing a scan - the celebrity endorsements are fake too

FROM OPRAH'S WEBSITE

The Truth About Oprah and Aa
Consumers should be aware that Oprah Winfrey is not associated with nor does she endorse any aa berry product or online solicitation of such products. Attorneys for Harpo are pursuing any companies that claim such an affiliation.

FROM RACHEL RAY WEBSITE
Many of you have brought to our attention concerns regarding solicitations involving Aai Berry products that bear Rachael Ray's name or photo. Please note that Rachael Ray has not endorsed any Aai Berry products, and she is not involved with the solicitation of any such products. The use of her name or photo in connection with these solicitations is unauthorized. We want to apologize if you have experienced any confusion or inconvenience pertaining to this matter.