Complaint Review: Nautical X

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, August 14, 2012

• Reported By: StolenDeposit — Redondo Beach California United States of America
Nautical X
6718 Los Verdes Dr #2 Rancho Palos Verdes, California United States of America

Nautical X Nathan Halverson Deposit taken, no work completed. Rancho Palos Verdes, California

Start date was promised no later than 4 weeks from contract acceptance.  At 5 weeks I  had not heard from him and I contacted him.  He took another week to show up to measure the project.  He promised to be finished within 2 weeks of measuring.  2 weeks later, I received an email saying that it would be an additional 6 weeks before he could get to it.  I requested my deposit back and he refused saying the money was already spent.  I was forced to wait another 6 weeks and when I contacted him he told me he was doing another project in San Francisco and not to stress him out right now.  He told me that several other people were upset with him because he had not completed their projects and not to contact him again.  I again asked for my deposit back and he refused.  After pressing him for a solid completion date, he told me "I'll get to it when I get to it."  At this point, due to the necessity of enclosures for weather protection of my property, I was forced to hire someone else who could complete the work.  The other contractor finished in 2 weeks.  I was told by Nautical X that I had breached the contract and not to contact them again.  I would like my deposit back since nothing was ever done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2012 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nautical-X/Rancho-Palos-Verdes-California-90275/Nautical-X-Nathan-Halverson-Deposit-taken-no-work-completed-Rancho-Palos-Verdes-Califor-927027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nautical X