Complaint Review: Nautilus, Inc

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 18, 2008

• Reported By:Cornelius North Carolina
Nautilus, Inc
16400 SE Nautilus Dr , Washington U.S.A.

Nautilus, Inc Mistakenly shipped product and charged credit card - will not issue full refund Washington

On 3/21/2008, I began to place an order on the Nautilus site for a dumbbell set. I abandoned my shopping cart prior to completing the order and purchased the merchandise from a different vendor. (NOTE: I ordered the dumbbell set from an e-bay vendor - I would certainly not have placed an identical order from Nautilus on the same date).

On approximately 6/4/2008 (approx 75 days later), I received the dumbbell set which I never ordered. Upon investigation, I found that my credit card had been charged on 5/29/2008.

On that same date (approximately 6/4), I placed a call to the Nautilus customer support group asking for a complete refund of all costs - including shipping costs and my return shipping costs. The rep told me she would return my call to tell me if they would pay return shipping costs.

After complaining to the BBB, I finally received return calls. They claim that they waited until they had inventory and shipped the dumbbells and sent me an email notifying of shipment (I never received any email stating they were out of inventory, nor that the product had been shipped). They will not pay my return shipping costs.

So I'm stuck paying return shipping costs on merchandise that I never ordered.

Do not order anything online from Nautilus. If you start to place an order, they will ship it and charge your credit card anyway.

Jeff
Cornelius, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2008 06:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nautilus-Inc/Washington-98683/Nautilus-Inc-Mistakenly-shipped-product-and-charged-credit-card-will-not-issue-full-ref-341448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nautilus, Inc