Complaint Review: Navajo Express

• Submitted: Wed, July 11, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 11, 2007

• Reported By:Springtown Texas
Navajo Express
1400 W 64th AVE Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Navajo Express ripoff Force me to exceed maximum hours of service with full knowledge of the fact I could not legally move Denver Colorado

I was out of legal hours to legally move to deliver the load I was dispatched to deliver with one drop plus final deliver location in the same general area with a few miles between the locations. I faxed in the last 8 days of log sheets as requested to Denver for their inspection to prove I was out of legal hours. "John", the weekend dispatcher in charge requested that I continue to deliver the load rather than repower the load as required.

I told John I refused to violate the hours of service as requested because I had 70 hrs limit and would be a serious violation to continue to move with the load.

I also tole John that if he continued to force me to deliver the load with the facts sitting in front of him that I am out of hours. I will report the company and him to FMCSA of the issue.

John said he would send in a truck to power the load and pay that driver for the miles rather than pay me one cent of the miles I have driven to that point if I did not deliver the load then take 34 hrs off after I finished the delivery of the load.

All of this took place on a Sunday and so I could not reach the company safety office to discuss my options to them.

I sent a qualcom message to John that I will deliver the load, ut be assured that I will indeed report the company to federal safety office before the day ended.

My fleet mgr was supposed to arrange for the load to repowered before I had driven as far as I did and did not do his job and made the issue more difficult.

In the end of the mess, my fleet mgr lost his job, and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration did send Colorado DOT in a verified the records of the violations which has taken place over a period of several months.

I quite Navajo Express and found another carrier who does not force drivers to exceed the hours of service limits.

Springtown, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2007 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Navajo-Express/Denver-Colorado-80221/Navajo-Express-ripoff-Force-me-to-exceed-maximum-hours-of-service-with-full-knowledge-of-t-260253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Navajo Express