Complaint Review: Navicomm - One Call Communications

• Submitted: Fri, July 29, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, July 29, 2005

• Reported By:Pleasant Grove Utah
Navicomm - One Call Communications
navicommllc.com Bedford, Texas U.S.A.

Navicomm - One Call Communications No Proof, Not Paying, Ripoff Bedford Texas

It amazes me that a company can be soo arrogant.

I received a bill from One Call/Navicomm and not being familiar with either company I called the 800 number to clarify who they were and why I owed them money.

The nice young man on the phone explained that I, or someone in my home, had connected through dial up to a website that required a connection from Navicomm. I asked for the name of the website and was told that he did not have that information.

With every reasonable questions I asked to try to verify my obligation to pay this bill. He could not provide me with proof of my responsibility other than to say that the "switching records from the phone company indicated someone in your home connected to a website through Navicomm's service" so you owe the money.

So I asked for a copy of the switch records to verify that the call had come from my home. I was politely told I would have to get a subpoena for the records. In my frustration and disbelief I asked if I was susposed to just "send them a check" without any concrete proof. The basic answer was "Yes".

They have my address, they have my phone number, and it would be "illegal" for them to bill me without the charges being authorized. Maybe 25-30 years ago I would have paid it without question, but not in this day and age.

Granted this all over $9.74, but the principle of the matter is I should not have to pay for something without substantive proof of the obligation. Otherwise anyone can send an invoice to someone and demand payment.

Even after calling back and explaining that I had done some internet research on both companies and their reputations left something to be desired they stood firm on the obligation. So I told them when they could provide proper proof of the expense I would gladly pay the bill, but until then I was not going to pay anything.

Pleasant Grove, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2005 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Navicomm-One-Call-Communications/Bedford-Texas-76021/Navicomm-One-Call-Communications-No-Proof-Not-Paying-Ripoff-Bedford-Texas-151757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Navicomm - One Call Communications