Complaint Review: Navy Federal Credit Union

• Reported By: Disappointed Federal Employee — Sierra Vista Arizona
Navy Federal Credit Union
Vienna, Virginia United States of America

Navy Federal Credit Union NFCU Refinancing Nightmare Vienna, Virginia

Do not refinance your mortgage with Navy Federal!  As a thirty year federal employee, I am a member of several federal credit unions and I have an excellent credit rating.  I was lured to Navy Federal to refinance a mortgage because their interest rates were low.  However, the process was a tedious, mistake-filled process from beginning to end.  Despite my experience, excellent credit rating, and funding, the process took over six months and was not completed to my satisfaction.  The loan officer seemed inexperienced and temperamental.   I had to manage the VA appraisal myself, due to the loan officer's incompetence.  My repeated instructions to allow me pay the closing costs up front was ignored and since I did not receive the closing paperwork until the morning of the closing, I went ahead with it.  When I immediately paid down 5K to cover the closing costs, NFCU informed me I could not make pay down until the first payment kicked in - effectively costing me another $375 in interest.  Just can't recommend them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2013 03:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Navy-Federal-Credit-Union/Vienna-Virginia-/Navy-Federal-Credit-Union-NFCU-Refinancing-Nightmare-Vienna-Virginia-1037507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Navy Federal Credit Union