Complaint Review: Ncic

• Submitted: Tue, July 17, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, October 24, 2007

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
Ncic
ncic.com Longview, Texas U.S.A.

Ncic ripoff Charged $64.77 for 3 Long Distance calls (20 min) placed on Bellsouth Calling Card. Longview Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please send a letter to the president with all the specifics of your charges

I made three long distance calls from a motel room in a nice motel in South Carolina. Calls totaled 20 minutes. I used a Bellsouth (now AT&T) calling card. You use the card by calling a 1-800 number for Bellsouth and then following the instructions on the call, you enter your information as required. Calls made in this manner are billed at $.35 per minute. I have used this card for over 25 years and never had a problem.

When I received my monthly phone bill, I had charges of $64.77 from NCIC for the three phone calls.

Bellsouth removed the charges from my bill after I complained.

Today I received an Invoice from NCIC demanding the money for the calls.

I called their toll free customer service number and was told by a young lady that I could pay the bill or suffer collection proceeding. I then spoke to a so called supervisor (read that as belligerent) by the name of Randy who offered to remove the charges but he said my phone number would be blocked from ever using their services again. (Not that I would want to use their service, since I didn't purposely or knowingly use their service in the first place.)

For good reason, I took that comment as a threat because I don't know the implications of blocking my phone number from their service. What if their were no other services available and I need to place an emergency call?

I asked Randy to leave the account as is and I would get back to him.

Since this involves interstate traffic, I wonder what the FTC and FCC would think about this issue? I don't suppose a complaint to the BBB would help?

Charles
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2007 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ncic/Longview-Texas-75601/Ncic-ripoff-Charged-6477-for-3-Long-Distance-calls-20-min-placed-on-Bellsouth-Calling-261377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ncic

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please send a letter to the president with all the specifics of your charges

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

Charles,

Please send a letter to the president of the company at: P.O. Box 551, Longview, Texas 75606 and he will personally respond to your inquiry.