Complaint Review: Neal Coleman Auto Sales, Universal Warranty Corporation; Vehicle One

• Submitted: Sun, November 26, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, March 27, 2010

• Reported By:Monroe City Missouri
Neal Coleman Auto Sales, Universal Warranty Corporation; Vehicle One
3906 Broadway Quincy, Illinois U.S.A.

Neal Coleman Auto Sales, Universal Warranty Corporation; Vehicle One sold a warranty that doesn't cover what it says it covers--false advertisement---mislead costumers---trickery Quincy Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Check the coverage before you complain

*Consumer Suggestion: Maybe you should have read your service agreement carefully...

Car dealership sold me a warranty for $1,938.00 called Vehicle One from Universal Warranty Corporation in which they claimed would cover: All internally Lubricated Parts contained within the Engine+, All internally Lubricated parts contained within the Transmission and Transfer Case+, All internally lubricated parts contained within the Drive Axle housing+, also Suspension, Air Conditioning/Heating, Electrical. Along with this claim to cover all this they also claim they will have your vehicle towed, a rental car is at your service if need be and roadside assistance.

Since I have had the vehicle I have had numerous things go wrong, most of them minor, but all I have had out of pocket expense for when I wasn't suppose to.

They change their story each time you talk to them. For instance right now my cylinder block is out, which is covered under the Engine part, so I can't drive it and it needs to be towed so it can be fixed but when I called to have it towed they told me they would only pay for $50 of the towing bill and I would have to pay the rest.

But the last time something happened to my vehiclea and it would not start, I called them they sent someone to get it and I was not charged for the towing. How is now different?

I also need a vehicle to use til mine gets fixed and when I called about a rental I recieved the same reply, that I would have to pay for my use of a rental car, which is also suppose to be covered under the Warranty.

When you pay $2,000.00 for something like this you expect to see some results not a rip off!!

Also paid for a battery, O-Ring, brake pads, rotors, headlight wiper blade and a turn signal which had to turn around and fix myself because the one they put in blew out within a few weeks after they put it in.

These are minor things but were clearly reported as being "covered" in their warranty. Now my van is broke down and I need to get it fixed, I have a $2,000.00 warranty that is no good to me, need a substitute vehicle to use while mine's being fixed and I need to get my vehicle some how to a mechanic.

Kim
Monroe City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2006 09:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neal-Coleman-Auto-Sales-Universal-Warranty-Corporation-Vehicle-One/Quincy-Illinois-62305/Neal-Coleman-Auto-Sales-Universal-Warranty-Corporation-Vehicle-One-sold-a-warranty-that-222346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Neal Coleman Auto Sales, Universal Warranty Corporation; Vehicle One

Check the coverage before you complain

AUTHOR: Will Johnson - (United States of America)

I just wanted to say, I bought a warranty and read through it.  You need to understand there aren't any "bumper to bumper" warranties.  Even factory warranties are not "bumper to bumper".  They list exclusions such as Batteries, bulbs, wiper blades, brake pads, brake rotors, tires.  These are things that are excluded from warranty coverage.  So before you say they were reported as being "covered" you should read through the exclusions and you'll see that list is "not covered".

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Maybe you should have read your service agreement carefully...

AUTHOR: Stimpson - (U.S.A.)

In cases like this, it is sometimes more the car dealerships fault than the warranty company they go through. Unless the warranty company is an aftermarket from the dealer, they probably have nothing to do with what kind of tactics the dealer says to get you to buy. That means, of course the dealer will tell you batteries and tires will be covered to get you to buy although in the service agreement it probably says they are not because no extended warranty covers wear and tear. That is why you would have to pay for it out of pocket.