Complaint Review: Neat Receipt

• Updated: Mon, February 27, 2012

• Reported By: nic_3000 — Garland Texas United States of America
Neat Receipt
1601 Market St., Suite 3500 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Neat Receipt The Neat Company defective product, zero customer service Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Ordered "Neat Desk" for MAC from their website.. huge mistake. Cost $400. Another $34 to express ship. Spent 1/2 a Saturday trouble shooting this scanner. "No paper detected" no matter what i did. Read every forum and help menu but nothing on this. Uninstalled software, unplugged, restarts, switch ports... nothing! Opened a "ticket" with neat.com. Monday get email that the unit is DEFECTIVE and to call tech support. I spent 1:04 hrs on the PHONE ON A MONDAY MORNING. Was transferred 3 times and each time i got someone treating my like I was inconveniencing them and wanted me to start over because ZERO COMMUNICATION!

Finally I gave up and just wanted my money back. Get this.. they want me to go over to UPS and ground ship the unit back (7-10 days) and then wait another 7-10 days for MY MONEY BACK! Unbelievable! I'm out over $400 for 30 days, not to mention the hassle and time wasted while not working. This company is terribly disorganized. The tech support person seriously told me that he couldn't tell me if the product was even worth the effort I would go to in order to have a functioning unit. Wow. What happens when you buy this product and this happens after the first 30 days.. ugh i can't imagine. Oh and I registered the product when I turned it on... THEY ASKED ME FOR EVERY BIT OF INFORMATION EVERY TIME... WHY DO YOU REGISTER PRODUCTS??? Idiots.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2012 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neat-Receipt/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Neat-Receipt-The-Neat-Company-defective-product-zero-customer-service-Philadelphia-Penns-845450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Neat Receipt