controlling

• Submitted: Thu, November 08, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 08, 2012

• Reported By: Vero — Orangeburg New York United States of America
Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning
69 Brightside Avenue, Central Islip, NY 11722 Orangeburg, New York United States of America

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning ripping off customer for unauthorized job in Orangeburg, New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Let us make it up to you!

I used this company for 2 years and did not like the way they simply appeared without advance notification, on their terms and schedule, to clean my gutters.  Further, I perceived that they were ripping me off by recommending additional types of service which was previously described to me as unnecessary by another provider.  The next to last time they came on the day I was planning a small party and had already set up the deck furniture.  Their moving the furniture around and blowing debris made for more work for me.  I intended to call and ensure that any further cleaning was cancelled.  I commissioned another service to both clean the gutters and polish the outside.  As "luck" would have it, Ned Stevens came the following day and left a bill for having cleaned the gutters.  I was at work while they were here - otherwise I would have immediately sent them away, but when I called, the office insisted the work was done.  What work?  The gutters had been cleaned and polished the day prior.  I asked whether the crew doesn't use any common sense and call into the main office asking that the home owner be called to confirm cleaning is still needed. I got a reply that seemed to indicate that the matter would further be discussed.  Instead I received repeated bills, insisting that I owed for a job I did NOT commission, did not need and was not alerted would be happening.  For just about every other appointment made in our society we get a courtesy call, text or e-mail reminder.  Ned Stevens "serves" at his convenience without regard to customers.  I cannot recommend their service to anyone - unless they want to be ripped off for unnecessary service done on against their will or knowledge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 07:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ned-Stevens-Gutter-Cleaning/Orangeburg-New-York-10962/Ned-Stevens-Gutter-Cleaning-ripping-off-customer-for-unauthorized-job-in-Orangeburg-New-966303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Let us make it up to you!

AUTHOR: Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning - (United States of America)

Dear Vero,

Ned Stevens is committed to delivering the best possible customer experience and were sorry to hear that you had an issue with our services.  We did not intend to interfere with your party or to catch you off guard. Our goal was to service your gutters in a fast, efficient manor without interfering with your personal schedule.  Wed greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this matter to your satisfaction.  Please email us at outreach@nedstevens.com.  We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,