Knife

Complaint Review: Neerings Plumbing & Heating Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, November 18, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, November 18, 2012

• Reported By: Brianna — South Jordan Utah United States of America
Neerings Plumbing & Heating Inc.
3495 S. 300 W. SLC, Utah United States of America

Neerings Plumbing & Heating Inc. Charging more than 8 TIMES the price of competitor for the same job SLC, Utah

I called this company to fix a plumbing issue. The employee diagnosed that I probably had tree roots in the sewer line causing a blockage, and that using a 100 foot snaking device would clear the roots from the house out to the street.

Their fee for this one service is $583! Then of course there are lots of additional services suggested to up the cost hundreds, or thousands of dollars. The Neerings employee was at my house at about 8:00 PM and suggested he could do it right then, but not knowing if this cost was realistic or not I decided to wait until I could do a little research on the internet.

I found I could rent the equipment myself and do it very cheap; however, this is something I didn't want to even attempt. I called another company who came out and suggested the same procedure for $69. When I mentioned to them about Neerings' outrageous costs for the same procedure I was told that they have heard this same story multiple times.

Clearly, this extreme cost difference is disturbing and a definite rip-off. I'm concerned how many elderly people fall for their scam simply because they may not be internet savvy consumers. Or, maybe this is the price they quote to women thinking we don't know any better. Either way, I am staying clear of Neerings from now on and suggest others do the same.

Their headliner is "My Dad can fix that!" It may need to be updated to, "My Dad can rip you!"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2012 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neerings-Plumbing-Heating-Inc/SLC-Utah-84115/Neerings-Plumbing-Heating-Inc-Charging-more-than-8-TIMES-the-price-of-competitor-for-t-970954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Neerings Plumbing & Heating Inc.