Complaint Review: Neil Stein

2323 State Road 580 Clearwater, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 727-796-0064
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

Neil Stein PrintSmith, Copy King, Copy King Printing, Printsmith Graphic Designers Beware of Printsmith - You Will NOT Get Paid! Clearwater, Florida

Not a happy camper with this company and owner.  I was hired in as a Graphic Designer as his previous designer left for another job.  I was supposed to work part time 2-3 hours 3x a week.  He constantly thought I was on-call and would call me in a panic every day asking me to come in but didn't want to give me additional hours.

Neil tried to get me to go a 'salary' basis and when I refused to accept that, he started screaming at me at how his business was going under and he needed a 'competent' designer that could make film for him (which I can do, of course).  He didn't want me touching the cameras or film supplies - he just wanted me to magically come up with concepts for his customers on a freebie basis.

His sales person got the customers, but could never competently describe what it was that the customer wanted.  When I tried to call customers, I was yelled at that I was to NEVER call the customer.  Yet the customers were severely disappointed when they saw their proofs because it wasn't what they wanted.

After 2 weeks of this, I sat Neil Stein down and told him I couldn't work under these conditions.  There were roaches crawling all over my desk, spills everywhere on the equipment, and a general mess that you would only expect from a greasy, ripoff car mechanic.  At this point, he hadn't paid me for the first week (telling me there was a one-week drag, standard for payroll).  Then he told me he wasn't paying me as an employee, that he was paying me as an independent contractor.

I told him he needed to pay me and find someone else.  After 2 weeks of work and over 50 hours - I still haven't gotten paid - since 2010.  Designers beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2012 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neil-Stein/Clearwater-Florida-33763/Neil-Stein-PrintSmith-Copy-King-Copy-King-Printing-Printsmith-Graphic-Designers-Beware-929714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Neil Stein