Complaint Review: Neimans Jewelry

• Submitted: Mon, November 24, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 30, 2009

• Reported By:Mooresville North Carolina
Neimans Jewelry
3100 Airway Ave Ste 104 Costa Mesa, California U.S.A.

Neimans Jewelry The ring I have shows replacement value as $4,120.00. The pawn shope said I would be lucky to get $130.00 out of it & that was because of the price of gold right now. Costa Mesa California

*Consumer Comment: Pawn shops will rip you off.

Below is the e-mail I sent to USGL to see about my ring I have.

To whom it may concern

I would like to know if your company keeps records of all the Gem ID cards that is issue, If so do you have the name of the person that purchase the ring. Also does U.S.Gemological Laboratory have the jewelry in hand to determined the price of the jewelry.

I have one of the ID cards that came with a ring that was given to me & I'm trying to fine out how much the ring is worth or how your company come to the below amount

Weight 5.59 ctw
Shape/Cut: Oval
Clarity: Good
Color: Good
Gold Wt: 6,43 grams
Estimated Replacement Value $4,120.00 0144-34495RU

Below is the e-mail that was sent to me

Hi Sharon,

We show the following on file:

We have a privacy policy for our clients/customers however I contacted the company who we performed the evaluation for and they said that we may inform you of their name. It was Neimans Jewelry. At the time of the evaluation, we did have the item in person in order to evaluate the item. The values are derived from the market conditions i.e., rare gemstones, gemstone size, grade, clarity, color, etc.

Mooresville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2008 09:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neimans-Jewelry/Costa-Mesa-California-92626/Neimans-Jewelry-The-ring-I-have-shows-replacement-value-as-412000-The-pawn-shope-said-394761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Neimans Jewelry

Pawn shops will rip you off.

AUTHOR: Jhboun - (U.S.A.)

Of course you were only offered $130 for you diamond ring. It is probably all that it is worth to them. Do you seriously think that a pawn shop who wants to make a profit is going to give you the anywhere near the value of the replacement cost? The only people that pawns their stuff are people who are desperate and need the money. For a diamond ring that is 5ctw for $4k, the quality of the diamonds couldn't be better I, I2 and therefore another reason why the pawn shop offered you hardly nothing. They don't want it!!