Complaint Review: Neimen Rona & Associates

• Updated: Fri, May 21, 2010

• Reported By: B. — Lafayette Indiana United States of America
Neimen Rona & Associates
1211 Hertel Ave. Buffalo, New York United States of America

Neimen Rona & Associates Morgan Stone & Associates -- Debt Collection Scam! -- Buffalo, New York

These people called me claiming they were collecting on a debt. They claimed I owed upwards of $1600 and threatened me with legal action and jail time if I didn't immediately settle. They offered a settlement of just shy of $700 payable by the 30th (this was on the 15th). I told them I didn't owe the amount they claimed, but they rudely and repeatedly insisted that I did, and demanded my bank account information. I reported this to the National Consumer League's Fraud Center at fraud.org, and they called me back confirming it was a scam, and advising me to contact my bank immediately. The bank advised me to close my checking account and open a new one, and I did so. I have also reported them to the FTC, the BBB, and my state attorney general.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2010 07:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neimen-Rona-Associates/Buffalo-New-York-14216/Neimen-Rona-Associates-Morgan-Stone-Associates-Debt-Collection-Scam-Buffalo-Ne-605616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Neimen Rona & Associates