Complaint Review: Nelnet Student Loan Service

• Updated: Tue, February 09, 2010

• Reported By: S Whitaker — Texas United States of America
Nelnet Student Loan Service
Lincoln, Nebraska United States of America

Nelnet Student Loan Service Nelnet Bogus letter received from Nelnet about my student loan being sold from original financial institution, which is First National Bank Texas, stating my loan had been sold. Lincoln, Nebraska

*UPDATE Employee: Hey

I received a bogus letter dated January 27, 2010 from Nelnet Education & Financing, PO Box 82561, Lincoln, NE 68501, stating that I should have received notice that my student loan had been sold to them.  The letter made no mention of any dollar amount of a loan or other pertinent data, such as the lending institution my original loan was with.  The entire letter involved 2 pages of information on various payment methods, etc.   That was all that was in the letter other than my name and mailing address.  Obviously, red flags went up immediately.  I have received no mention of my loan being sold from my lender.  To the contrary, I received notice 2 weeks prior, confirming my payment amounts and when the first payment was due.  I confirmed through my financial institution that they had not sold my loan.  So STUDENTS WHO HAVE TAKEN OUT STUDENT LOANS, BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!  BEWARE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2010 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nelnet-Student-Loan-Service/Lincoln-Nebraska-68501/Nelnet-Student-Loan-Service-Nelnet-Bogus-letter-received-from-Nelnet-about-my-student-loan-562627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nelnet Student Loan Service

Hey

AUTHOR: ItterBitter - (USA)

Here's what happened amigo:

Dept of Education bought a lotta loans recently and they all got transferred in 1 month (January). Check NSLDS.ed.gov and enter in your FAFSA pin, then see if you had any other student loans taken out, it may not have just been through your previous lender.