depth

• Reported By: Keith — Los Angeles California
Nelnet
, Select State/Province USA

Nelnet Not my loan Atlanta Georigia

*Author of original report: kerc.com

Been getting robo-calls, at first no company name was given and the announcement says they're looking for someone that's not me. The phone menu offered an opt-out #  if its not me, which I did.

Today gotta a similar robo-call, this time they announce the company name, Nowmet, and they're looking for someone else, right first name, wrong last. And call's regarding a student loan matter & to contact them at 888-486-4722 or use their website nowmet.com which redirects to nelmet.com - a student loan management company.

In another call that's surely related, someone called claiming to be a process server & was on his way to serve me. When I said, huh? He informs me I should call a collection agency (PMS Collections) to take care of the matter & save me the cost of his services. Seems kinda odd, I thought process servers made their living serving folks, not calling to let us know we're being served. Anyways, I informed him to serve away, would make for an interesting court case. And of course he never showed up, well since he told me where he was going - he's way off.

Love how collection agencys go fishing using incorrect information. And of course anytime we get calls from funky companys we always find them listed here somewheres. Anyone remember Camco - yep we eventually put those guys out of biz.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2014 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nelnet/Select-StateProvince/Nelnet-Not-my-loan-Atlanta-Georigia-1117072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nelnet

kerc.com

AUTHOR: Keith - ()

Another robo call, now someone calling themseleves kerc.com - actually that domain's for sale but they appear to also use the name erc.com and they're still calling me looking for someone else. Aka erccollections.com