Complaint Review: Nelnet

Nelnet
, Select State/Province USA

Nelnet Not my loan Atlanta Georigia

*UPDATE Employee: Solution to your woes

*Author of original report: kerc.com

Been getting robo-calls, at first no company name was given and the announcement says they're looking for someone that's not me. The phone menu offered an opt-out #  if its not me, which I did.

Today gotta a similar robo-call, this time they announce the company name, Nowmet, and they're looking for someone else, right first name, wrong last. And call's regarding a student loan matter & to contact them at 888-486-4722 or use their website nowmet.com which redirects to nelmet.com - a student loan management company.

In another call that's surely related, someone called claiming to be a process server & was on his way to serve me. When I said, huh? He informs me I should call a collection agency (PMS Collections) to take care of the matter & save me the cost of his services. Seems kinda odd, I thought process servers made their living serving folks, not calling to let us know we're being served. Anyways, I informed him to serve away, would make for an interesting court case. And of course he never showed up, well since he told me where he was going - he's way off.

Love how collection agencys go fishing using incorrect information. And of course anytime we get calls from funky companys we always find them listed here somewheres. Anyone remember Camco - yep we eventually put those guys out of biz.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2014 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nelnet/Select-StateProvince/Nelnet-Not-my-loan-Atlanta-Georigia-1117072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nelnet

Solution to your woes

AUTHOR: SLinsider - ()

Insider info to our automated dialing system. Pressing "3" to state you are not that person will direct you to us to restate who we're trying to get ahold of. We'll ask for the number we're dialing and if the account holder is you. Just tell us it's not you (if that's honestly the case) and that you don't know the person (we also call references on the account if we can't find the person) and we'll removed the number. We can only speak to the account holder or close relative who knows their personal information, so you're doing us a favor by letting us know (and not just stopping the calls for your sanity's sake). Otherwise, we just continue to call because we honestly don't know any better (and Due Dilligence Laws require us to). It could be an incorrectly entered number, an old number of theirs, or you could be a reference to the person we're trying to get ahold of.

As for the company itself, we're one of the five servicers for the Department of Ed, (similar companies are Naviant (formerly Sallie Mae), Great Lakes, ACS, etc). Basically, we handle all of the FAFSA accounts on a contract that's updated every year.

When it comes to your second, we don't use third party companies. Only the colleges and loan guarantors directly, so the calls aren't related. If you actually do have federal student loans or are worried someone took some out under your name, you can go directly to the Department of Education's website to verify what's under name. They have a National Student Loan Database System to see any federal loans under your name when you click on "Review Financial Aid" on NSLDS.ED.GOV. This may help you take matters into your own hands if you don't want to speak to us and need the comfort of a government website.

If this is a simple matter of a wrong number, let us know and we honestly will remove your number. It'll leave our computer systems within 24hrs . It's wasting our time too. I hope hearing from my side helps.

kerc.com

AUTHOR: Keith - ()

Another robo call, now someone calling themseleves kerc.com - actually that domain's for sale but they appear to also use the name erc.com and they're still calling me looking for someone else. Aka erccollections.com