Complaint Review: Nelson Rodriguez

• Submitted: Fri, August 10, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: EternalAttorney — United States of America
Nelson Rodriguez

Nelson Rodriguez mightydesign@yahoo.com Website Developer-->Scammer Los Angeles, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Elia Roldan Destria Method Website

Unprofessional at best. Hired through Craigslist, he was asked to design a simple website of 8 pages. he ran off with my deposit of $150.00. Although he was payed with a credit card via PayPal, both PayPal and credit card company were unwilling to help in retrieving my deposit because "it is not in their place" to determine the definition of an unfulfilled service--i.e. if it's not shipped in a box, they can't help you. Mr. Rodriguez gave multiple excuses as to why he could not finish a simple website in the time contractually allotted (1 month): food poisoning, t-ball, too tired, etc. He never answered my phone calls, only texted. He never sent any layout drafts. Only after he was fired and PayPal was contacted did he send me 3 screenshots of the same image. He'll make you sign a contract stating that you must leave $150 to start the job, and pay a remaining $150 to finish it. He'll keep texting you that he's working hard on your project to cover his a*s and to prevent losing the deposit, but you will never get a draft, you'll never get anything. This is his scam and nobody can help you. I gave him $150 for a picture of a thigh. Beware. Nelson Rodriguez. Mighty Designs. mds-webdesign.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2012 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nelson-Rodriguez/internet/Nelson-Rodriguez-mightydesignyahoocom-Website-Developer-Scammer-Los-Angeles-Internet-925695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nelson Rodriguez

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Elia Roldan Destria Method Website

AUTHOR: MDS-Webdesign - ()

Elia A. Roldan wanted me to design for her a website Destria Medithod and that there was no rush so i could take my time during the next few weeks. $150 paid up front to start on the design and give her samples. I gave her samples so she can let me know if we move forward with the designs or make changes.

She said overall it is okay but she would make modifications with paint and to let her know if I can make the changes. The color scheme was different so she can decide if she liked the color. Here are the samples she called crappy "home page"

mds-webdesign.com/destriamethod/sample01.html
mds-webdesign.com/destriamethod/sample03.html

So Monday June 4th she mentioned she would get back to me with changes she will make in paint.
Friday June 8th comes along and she wants me to stop working on the project and will let me keep $50 and wanted $100 refund. She never provided me updated versions so I can make modification and she was upset no more updates had been made.

I tried calling her at her number 914-648-1970 but she got mad and said she only wanted to communicate through email.
I was willing to work with her to fix the situation but now she had 6 pages she previewed and expected to pay me $8.33 per page and stop the work. I declined and she went after me through paypal and then through her credit card.

They told her basically, she had no case. I understand she was not happy with the designs but I wasn't going to charge her for revisions which at first she wanted to do. Beware of customers like her that are not willing to work with you when the work is subject of opinion not fact.

I tried to find her website today and I couldn't, unless she changed her mind on the domain.