Complaint Review: Neo-Tech

• Submitted: Mon, April 28, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 08, 2009

• Reported By:Anywhere Ohio
Neo-Tech
P.O. Box 6304 Dover, Delaware U.S.A.

Neo-Tech Nouveau Tech Society Scam Letter Dover Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Don't be too creeped out by the "You are Special" Letter

Look, I have not fallen for the creepy letter I recieved today, but my concern is that there are other hard working Americans who may, for whatever reason. The letter is addressed to me and claims that I am special and have been chosen due to my being "more special than any of us could have imagined". They offer extreme, impossible solutions that I was quickly able to clearly identify as financially driven psycho babble directed toward the feeble minded and emotionally unstable among us. It is simply criminal what these jerks are trying to accomplish and I find it extremely upsetting and intrusive to have recieved such an invitation to the madness these "people" are peddling. I sincerely hope that something is done about these folks. I have done a little research and what I have found is pretty darned unsettling. It seems that there is book that the "society" sells and then, when the inevitable return is requested by the consumer, they are found to be unavailable. There are several really good postings regarding "Neo-Tech" on this website. Reference the email address I have attached for further information, but we are clearly dealing with a cult scam here. Take care, good luck, and be careful Americans.

Peter
Anywhere, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2008 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neo-Tech/Dover-Delaware-19905-6304/Neo-Tech-Nouveau-Tech-Society-Scam-Letter-Dover-Delaware-329394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Neo-Tech

AUTHOR: Chiliheadwizard - (U.S.A.)

Lord, have mercy. It has been about fourteen or fifteen years since I got one of those letters. Perhaps it was my own depressions mixed with my horribly inevitable curiosities, but back in the day I did go ahead and buy some of their literature to see what they were about. To keep a long story short, I did gleem some good info from them over time, but tossed those books back in 2005 for my own quirky reasons.

They were known as "Neo Tech" in those days and spoke of "Zon Power" or occasionally "Xon Power." To this day, I still find their "logic" very faulty at best over their enthusiasm for the cholesterol city Adkins diet and for concepts such as gaining "iron grip control over everything that moves." Iron grip control over everything that moves? A few seconds' worth of thinking would show the trouble waiting to hapen there... such what to do with all the other people seeking similar gain of this One Ring to Rule Them All.

It seems that since then they have changed their name a lot. Still I wondered somewhere in the back of my mind all those what compelled them to say that I was so danged "special" to warrant such a letter. It did not dawn on me until 2006 what had happened, after I received a letter with my new married name at my brand new address. Of course, they were a different name too, but the letter was the same. Even the part promising I would soon be surrounded by beautiful women (even though I am a married heterosexual woman).

A HA! Guys and gals, you want to know what they did? Back in the 1994, 1995, and 2006, I did one thing... and one thing only... that instigated this. I had made inquiries about home-based businesses, and how to start your own business. That simple, yet it obviously has freaked people out over the years who have wondered how and why on earth they would get such a letter. I give them the benefit of the doubt that they mean well, because they like creative-minded people who want to start their own business.

This Deep Recession has made more people ask about home employment after layoffs, it seems, thus the sudden rise in these letters. When you inquire about it, your name and addy are scooped up by mailing list brokers and sold to anyone trying to assist you in starting and operating your own successful business.

Yes, they are also hardcore atheists to the extreme. Thus they are very harsh on anything mystical but they do not intend to harm believers for believing, just on the beliefs themselves. I know it is hard to separate it when your values and beliefs are stomped on, but that happens to be the case with this Society.