Complaint Review: Neopost

• Submitted: Mon, October 27, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 08, 2008

• Reported By:St. Paul Minnesota
Neopost
30955 Huntwood Ave. Hayward, California U.S.A.

Neopost Provides Faulty Equipment and then Refuses to Provide Refund Hayward California

*Consumer Suggestion: I work at a Neopost Dealership in Connecticut

In Summer 2008, we decided to rent a postage meter from Neopost. The meter kept deducting money from our postage account without printing a postage label. When I asked for a refund on the $16 in postage the machine ate, they ignored me. I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint, and Neopost ignored that too! Finally, from not getting what we paid for--a working meter and customer service--we made a request, in writing, for a refund on the remaining 10 months of service we prepaid. Neopost told me, in writing, that they agreed to the refund. They even sent a return shipping label. However, once they received the meter back, they claimed they did not agree to a refund and refused to process the refund. Now we are without the meter and our money!

This is a fraudulent company. Do not do business with them! I am going to post complaints about this scam all over consumer protection sites to warn other consumers.

William M
St. Paul, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2008 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neopost/Hayward-California-94544/Neopost-Provides-Faulty-Equipment-and-then-Refuses-to-Provide-Refund-Hayward-California-385190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Neopost

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I work at a Neopost Dealership in Connecticut

AUTHOR: Amberd910 - (U.S.A.)

I actully work at a Neopost dealership in Connecticut. I am not too sure what model equipment you were renting so there are some stipulations on this. If it is a small base, IJ25, you DID sign into a contract with it. Those contracts are for 1 to 3 years. It clearly states in the contract that no refund for cancellation will be given. However, if you had the machine, I believe it's for under 90 days, Neopost will usually refund the pro-rated months remaining. You do need to keep calling customer service until someone will actully listen to you. If you signed a contract with a dealership or branch (and NOT telesales) then contact the dealer/branch directly and tell them of the problem. Working for a Neopost dealer for over 6 years I have run into my cases of problems. The best thing is to keep calling until something gets done. If you did sign the contract directly with telesales then you have to work directly with Neopost. Being a dealer we have a little bit more pull then the regular customer, however, each dealer has it's own territory which we are not allowed to "go out of". I wish you the best. Trust me, Neopost is better then Pitney Bowes from experience! Best of luck!