Complaint Review: Nero

• Submitted: Tue, December 06, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 06, 2011

• Reported By: david — Netanya Other Israel

Nero Beware their Terms and Conditions, Internet

I have used their software Nero 10 since I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 and found that my, then, Nero version was not compatible. In October 2011 the company mailshotted my email box with a new version, Nero 11. I was not offered a free trial but had to upgrade in 24 hours at the special price offered. The mailing clearly led me to believe I was getting an improved product (or else, why spend money on an upgrade.

I installed Nero 11 and immediately found two problems. First burning speed of DVDs took nuch longer, almost three times. Secondly, the preview box of what is burning did not work at all; it did on Nero 10.

I contacted their Technical Department and they were most unhelpful. For two such simple faults, they expected me to collect dat for which I am not really qualified. They did subsequently admit that there will be updates for this new software, in December, an admision that all was not well.

Having received so much hassle, I looked at my contract. This line (sorry for the caps, its their contract format) states "YOU CAN REVOKE YOUR ORDER IN TEXT FORM (BY LETTER, FAX OR EMAIL, FOR EXAMPLE) WITHIN 14 DAYS WITHOUT GIVING REASONS". I was well within the 14 days. I canceled.

Nero refused to honor these terms claiming  "This is only a problem of the display and has no influence on the resulting video. Therefore we are unable to offer you a refund."  And this priceless comment. "Part of the reason why we take these steps is because "customer  dissatisfaction" does not qualify as a reason to cancel an order."

Complaining to MasterCard brought this response to them, from Nero. "Yes the customer does have the right to cancel, but our Terms and Conditions do not offer a refund."

Clearly this is a company lacking in any form of morals and I would strongly advise against doing business with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2011 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nero/internet/Nero-Beware-their-Terms-and-Conditions-Internet-805528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nero