Complaint Review: Net 10 Prepaid mobile service

• Submitted: Fri, January 04, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: Lori — walnut grove Missouri U.S.A.
Net 10 Prepaid mobile service

Net 10 Prepaid mobile service False Advertising when selling an unlimited 30 day mobile service plan including data usage, phone service, and messaging , Internet

I purchased a Net 10 phone in September of 2012 from the local store and activated it under the $50 unlimited plan. Everything went well for the first three months, then I find out that they have a cap of data usage which is extremely easy to go over. They begin with controlling the internet speed to slow down video and download usage, then shut the service down altogether without so much as an email or text to inform the consumer. I spent all day reading forums with others having the same problem and on the phone with technical support only to never get a straight answer of why I have no data coverage and then they try to sell me a newer phone.

They will not tell me what their actual cap is on data usage nor when I will get my service back. I also erased everything on my phone at their request to try and resolve this problem which also did no good. Now the applications in which I have paid for are gone as well as my entire call log. The forums are computer generated in their answers, in which most of the time they just send you a customer service number to call instead of resolving the issue within the forum, which would greatly help others in need with similar problems. Instead, they divert you or pass the buck to someone else in a private message and offer no "real" help. In my opinion "unlimited" service should be just that; no gimmicks, changes without notice, or bait and switch with service plans or equipment!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-10-Prepaid-mobile-service/internet/Net-10-Prepaid-mobile-service-False-Advertising-when-selling-an-unlimited-30-day-mobile-s-991418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net 10 Prepaid mobile service