uniform

• Submitted: Sat, June 25, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, June 26, 2011

• Reported By: Battin — Sebastopol California United States of America
Net 10

Net 10 Trakfon Net10 & Trakfone unuseable equipment and $100 in purchased air time, no functionalitgy, no refund Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: This is exactly why I switched to a different company

Re: Net10 LG 800GHL & porting of phone number.

On Wednesday, June 22, 2011 I attempted to activate the new device with a customer rep at Net10. The connection was terrible but the ability of the agent to understand and speak English was worse. After being on hold and being switched around for 97 minutes, I was promised that the phone would be operable within one hour. Short time due to the phone number being ported from Trakfone which is owned by the same firm as Net 10. Next day, Thursday, my old trakfone was indeed inoperable. But, the Net10 phone was not activated. 82 minutes was spent trying to get the new phone functioning. Friday still not activated.

After several calls that were disconnected; at last an agent gave me activation codes to get the phone activated that worked. Saturday, no air time left is flashed when attempting calls. Spoke to rep and paid $50 for a month. Nothing happened. Then bought another $50 pin and added it to the phone. Still nothing. This afternoon (Saturday) finally spoke to an English speaker who informed me that the porting of my number had gone through. But, that it had been cancelled by Net10. He didn't know why. He attempted to reactivate my existing business number that had been ported. Now he says that a new number has been assigned to the new phone.

He tried to switch back to the original number but said I must have a new SIM card to get the correct number on the new phone. He estimates one week for it to arrive from Central America. Meanwhile I have no business phone operative for receiving calls from customers.  I doubt there is much likelihood that when and if the SIM card arrives that it will solve this problem. As a consultant energy engineer, my cell phone is my only link to new and existent clients.  This crisis is costing med my professional credibility and money that would be earned if I could be contacted.  It is just one more example of unpunished fraud.

PS Net10 has a notice for California customs that when clicked, goes to an error page, that's likely a state violation of some type also.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2011 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-10/internet/Net-10-Trakfon-Net10-Trakfone-unuseable-equipment-and-100-in-purchased-air-time-no-fun-745443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net 10

This is exactly why I switched to a different company

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

First I have to admit that when tracfone first started it was a pretty good service but over the past couple of years their service has really go downhill.

In less than one year, I went through 3 phones going out on me.  Tracfone refused to honor their warranty on the third so I went to T-Mobile.

PS-After the third one went out, I almost lost my job because I could not be reached to cover when the guy that does my job on my nights off called in.

Just a warning, the new sim card won't work, they will say you have call to do it and you will end up with another number because they have already given your number to someone else.

The reason for all the problems with tracfone's service is that they use everyone else's hand-me-downs from 3 years ago and don't care about anything but money.