desperate

• Updated: Sat, May 25, 2013

• Reported By: sooj — Carbondale Illinois
Net 10
Internet USA

Net 10 Unlimited International Calls is a total scam. Company should be fined for false advertising. Internet

I purchased a Net10 unlimited international calls plan ($65).

1) Even though AUSTRALIA is listed amongst the countries that they say you can call, I cannot call ANY of my contacts over there (I have tried a dozen numbers). This phone has not worked at all except for local calls.

2) Even worse, my family cannot CALL ME on the Net 10 phone. It tells them its an invalid number!

After spending an hour on the phone to the service department, telling the same thing to 3 different people over and over again, I am very frustrated. They input the numbers I am trying to call (they asked me for a selection of numbers to try) into their system and they tell me that those numbers are not available on this service: "Because they cannot possibly have agreements with all the telephone companies all over the world". Well, do they have agreements with the 3 main phone companies in Autralia (Telstra, Optus, Vodaphone) that service pretty much most Australians? They cannot tell me. So can they give me an example of an Australian number I can call? They cannot.

So should they be allowed to advertise the fact that you can call Australia with this phone? I don't think so.

So basically, this has to be a total scam. Of course they can advertise unlimited data (as other reports here have pointed out, they rip you off with that as well)  and unlimited international calls -  I can't even make a single call. They don't have to refund, because according to their fine print,  prepaid phones are not on any contracts. They say I should have gone online before purchasing the plan to test out all the numbers that I wished to call to see if it would be covered.

Who is going to take this issue further for a measely $50~$100? Not many. What needs to happen is for a facebook /onine/avaaz or some other online campaign to petition Walmart and other phone retailers not to stock NET 10 products and hopefully send these Ripoff merchants broke!

The worst part is that I need to be reachable on the phone for emergencies, I am going to have to go get another phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2013 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-10/internet/Net-10-Unlimited-International-Calls-is-a-total-scam-Company-should-be-fined-for-false-a-1053893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net 10