criticism

Complaint Review: Net Detective - Orders.netdetective.net - Netdetective.com - Netdetective - HD Publishing

• Submitted: Sat, June 06, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 06, 2009

• Reported By:Bellmawr New Jersey
1392 S. Woodland Blvd Deland, Florida U.S.A.

Net Detective - Orders.netdetective.net - Netdetective.com NetdetectiveNet - HD Publishing Bait and Switch Deland Florida

I paid the 29.00 USD for Net Detective's service to do a criminal background search on a person I know for a fact has such a background. Their "basic" criminal background search found nothing! Then a pop-up box appeared and said I would have to pay 10.00 USD more for their "professional detective" search!

I contacted the company's support and told them I was unhappy with their service and why. They then emailed me a 4 page report to fill out and either: fax, email, or regular mail back to them.

I filled out the form and then tried faxing it to them. While a fax machine did pickup, the fax would not go through. I still have all the supporting documents (Copy of forms, emails, etc.). I got a fax sheet that said NG (no good) fax failed.

I then sent the forms in via US Postal Service Certified Mail (7008 1140 0003 6013 1906). I see they received it but still have not heard from them.

They then email me and offered to do a free one-time search on my behalf if I gave them the info. So, I took them up and they still could not find anything.

I decided to go down to the county court and do the search myself. In seconds I found what I needed.

I am still waiting for my refund from Net detective / HD Publishing.

They use bait and switch techniques to get to you pay more money. Mostly all their "basic / $29.00" plan can be done through Google.

Tom
Bellmawr, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2009 05:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-Detective-Ordersnetdetectivenet-Netdetectivecom-Netdetective-HD-Publishing/Deland-Florida-32720/Net-Detective-Ordersnetdetectivenet-Netdetectivecom-NetdetectiveNet-HD-Publishin-459108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net Detective - Orders.netdetective.net - Netdetective.com - Netdetective - HD Publishing