Complaint Review: Net Detective Provided By HD Publishing Group, Deland, Florida

• Submitted: Fri, January 09, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 09, 2009

• Reported By:Villarrica, Chile Other
Net Detective Provided By HD Publishing Group, Deland, Florida
1392 S. Woodland Blvd Deland, Florida U.S.A.

Net Detective - HD Publishing Group Bureaucratic Refund Process designed to force people to not apply Deland Florida

I purchased Net Detective to attempt to discover information which I did not have about certain individuals. Net Detective has a 90 day satisfaction guarantee.

I tried it for a few minutes, and while I found it easy to use, I learned nothing I did not already have and since I do not plan to use this program for other situations, I decided to request a refund. I d id this the next day.

Although this is a web-only application, I am required to print out and snail-mail a Request for Refund Form to HD publishing AND to sign an agreement that I will not continue to use their application, before I can get a refund.

The cost of the program was only $14.95, and I'm sure that this red tape that is required for getting a refund would discourage many people from doing it.

This may be a profitable practice for HD Publishing, but it is a shoddy way of doing business. If you're going to offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, it should be no more difficult to get the guarantee processed than to make the purchase in the first place.

I'm not doubting that I will get a refund, but I will certainly not ever try out anything this group provides in the future unless I was thoroughly convined before that it was what I wanted.

Jack
Villarrica, Chile
Chile

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2009 06:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Net-Detective-Provided-By-HD-Publishing-Group-Deland-Florida/Deland-Florida-32720/Net-Detective-HD-Publishing-Group-Bureaucratic-Refund-Process-designed-to-force-people-t-409954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Net Detective Provided By HD Publishing Group, Deland, Florida